Most amazinf experience (Chapter 9)

Thursday June 20th

            Jake woke me up in the morning. “Time to go.” There were circles under his eyes. I guess he really didn’t go to sleep. I brushed my thumb where the circles were. He gave me a tired smile and a quick kiss.

            “None of that now.” Trash said with a yawn. “You’ll have plenty of time for that later.”

            We climbed onto Trash’s back and headed toward the kingdom of the elves. He said we’d get there today. “Trash, how much longer will it be?” I asked.

            “Hmm? Oh, it’s a couple miles into the forest.” he gestured up ahead. It was approximately two miles away.

            “Are you sure we’ll get there today? It seems like it’s taking forever.”

            “Certainly. ‘cause when we hit the forest we can go faster. We’ll stay there a few days before we start heading back.” He paused before saying, “Then you and Jake can have all the alone time you want.” and he burst out laughing.

“Shut it.” Jake snapped. But he put his arms around me. A harpy landed beside us. It hopped along beside us. It watched us, waiting for us to let our guard down. We got close to the forest and it screeched and flew off. The trolls were talking to each other. They would let out quiet laughs once in a while.

            When we got into the forest Trash started walking a lot faster. The trolls had to run to keep up with us. We walked for almost an hour before he slowed down. We had come to a castle. We climbed off and walked up to the guards.

            “Trash,” said the guard on the left. “It’s been a long time.”

            “Yes. I wish to see the queen.” Trash said.

            “Of course.” said the one on the right. “Fallow us.” they led us inside. We fallowed the down a long corridor to a throne room. The queen stood up when we entered. He was tall, thin and beautiful. She had long dark hair and a white dress that reached the floor. The king wasn’t there.

            The guards left us. “Your majesty.” Trash said, “We seek your healing powers. This girl has a heart disease.”

            She walked over to us. She lifted my chin up so she could get a good look at me. “What is your name, child?”

            “Lindsey.”

            She gave me a gentle smile. “I shall help you. Fallow me please.” We fallowed her through a door. The room we were in now had bottles of various things. She put a large bowl on the table. She then began walking around the room, gathering ingredients she needed. She came back to the table and started putting stuff into the bowl. A purple powder, green and blue liquids, the green one was kind of chunky. Then the threw in a hand full of leaves and began stirring in.

            A spider was crawling across the table. The queen squashed it and then threw that into the bowl. She walked around the room again. Getting more things. She returned to the table. She started chopping up some things. I read the labels on the bottles. This is a list of things in the potion: slice ogre tongue, chopped goblins eyes, wart of a toad, chopped up heart of a bat, and the slime off of a Imps intestine. And the purple powder was grinned cockroach bones. The blue liquid was dragon flem. And the green chunky liquid was a mixture of toad skin, fairy fingers, and swamp water. And the leaves were just from a maple tree.

            I instantly regretted reading the labels. And the trolls were trying to sneak some of the ingredients. And they were looking at the potion like the queen was making the most delicious meal on the planet. I felt like I wanted to hurl.