Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Amy
"I can't believe your leaving me. You've only been here for a day," Liv whined as she sat on my bed as I went through my clothes.
"You can always come with us," I suggesting knowing the answer.
"Nah, clubbing was never my thing, you know that," understatement, "I've gone clubbing twice since I've been here and neither of them ended good."
I frowned, "what do you mean?"
She quickly shook her head, "it doesn't matter, really. And I want to spend the night with Callum."
"But didn't you spend the afternoon with Callum?" I questioned.
"No," she moaned, "bloody Archie interrupted us."
I scoffed at the mention of him. God, he always had to ruin everything.
"But, um, how are you going?" Liv asked.
I stopped looking at the clothes and turned to her.
"What do you mean?"
She shrugged, "well, Archie. He didn't scare you too much?"
"Ahh, yeah," I scoffed, "the guy growled, pushed me up against a wall and wouldn't let go till I screamed at him. Honestly, I don't know how you've stayed," I admitted.
She only shrugged, "Archie's not really like that."
I frowned when I realized what she was trying to do.
"Are you defending him?" I asked, horrified.
"What, no, no. You just don't know him."
"I don't need to know him," I argued, "I know his type. Apparently, manwhores are in every country."
She giggled at me, "but Archie is a good guy, I mean -."
"Stop, Liv, just stop," I told her, "I don't know what you're doing, but whatever it is, just stop."
She sighed but nodded. I started to feel bad for snapping at her. It wasn't her fault that she was marrying into a family that had a complete ass. But hey, there's one in every family.
"Hey," I started, knowing a way to change the subject, "do you know what's the go is with the Macangus family."
At the mention of the name, fear washed over Liv's face draining the little colour in her cheeks away. Her eyes dropped and for a second it was like she wasn't even in the room. Like she was transported to a different point in time.
"Liv," I called, bringing her back to the present.
"Yes," she blinked, giving me her full attention, "sorry, what did you ask?"
I frowned, "I asked about the Macangus family."
"Oh right," she muttered, "ahh, I wouldn't worry about it."
"Worry about it?" I asked.
She nodded, "Yep. Um, what outfit are you deciding on?"
I opened my mouth to continue with the conversation when I realized that she had just changed it. 
"Ah, this one," I said pointing to the demin shorts and the white tank top.
She frowned, "you know that it's like thirteen degrees outside."
I shrugged, "body heat is always the best form to get warm."
She rolled her eyes at what I was implying. As if I would go clubbing without hooking up with someone on my mind.
"Well, just bring your phone so I know where to find you in the morning."
"Yes Mom," I said making her groan and roll her eyes.
She was so easy to annoy.
Not thinking twice about it, I changed into my party outfit. Privacy wasn't a thing that Liv and I shared. We showered together till we were at least ten. At least, Liv was ten.
"Don't get in too much trouble," Liv asked, almost begging.
I scoffed, "I could say the same about you. I mean, I love the idea of a niece and a nephew but I don't want to be called Aunty Amy for a least a couple of years."
"I'm serious Amy," she said, looking past my joke, "This isn't New York. There's –," she paused, "There's a lot of bad people out there."
I frowned, "there's bad people everywhere. Including New York."
Hello, I slept with half of them.
"Fine, just stay with the twins."
Why was she acting like this? Why was she warning me but not warning me about who? I was going to question her until I saw that fear again. She was scared of something.
"Um, yeah, I promise."
Her face lightened looking reassured by that.
I sighed. I hated heavy talk.
"Okay, I better go see what Allie is doing. She said that we were living at nine," I stated moving the subject.
"Trust me, you'll have plenty of time. It takes Graham half n hour to do his hair," she groaned.
I giggled, "That can't be true."
"Oh it's true. Trust me."
I shrugged, taking her word for it. Flicking my hair the right way and checking my make up for the last time before heading out of the room with Liv right behind me. Just as I went for the stairs, I spotted Allie coming down them with Graham grumbling behind.
"Graham, just shut it," Allie growled over her shoulder.
"No, you shortened my hair time. Now it doesn't look right," he grumbled.
She scoffed, "It looks like you've just rolled out of bed. A look that shouldn't take you thirty minutes to make."
"Well if you think about it, it takes most people nine hours of sleep time to get this look but I can perfect it in half n hour. I'm winnin'."
"Trust me Brother, any game you're winnin', nobody's a winner."
I chuckled at their bickering.
"You were right," I muttered to Liv making her smile.
"Right about what?" Graham asked as they got to where we stood at the stairs.
"Just about your hair," Liv admitted with a smile, "it looks good by the way."
At that his grin grew and his shoulders straightened winning an eye roll from Allie.
"Hey, you kids ready!"
My eyes widened at the sound of Archie's voice as he came down the stairs with keys in his hand.
"Wait," I started, "Your coming?"
A smug look formed on his lips as he realized how much I didn't want him coming.
"Aye Princess, do you really want Graham drivin'?" he asked.
I narrowed my eyes at him. I really hated him calling me Princess.
"Graham doesn't call me Princess, so yeah, I want him to drive."
"You really don't want him driving," Liv reassured me.
Graham gasped, "What are you tryin' to say Little Liv? You callin' me a horrible driver?"
"Yes," She started, so bluntly making me giggle.
"Anyway, the Jeep is leavin'," Archie started heading towards the stairs that led to the first gallery.
"Wait," I called, "I'm so not okay with this."
He scoffed, "Why Princess?"
"Why?" I snapped, "why, you know why."
"Because I pushed you up against a wall," he said like it was no big deal.
"Yeah! Why do you make it seem so little?" I asked.
"Because it is little."
I opened my mouth to call him all the names under the sun when I realized that he was possibly be right. Oh no, no, Archie Patterson could never be right.
"It's a –,"
He scoffed making me stop, "Look, the Jeep is leavin'. You can continue there."
I went to protest but he was already leaving. He was throwing me over like last weeks trashed. Oh hell no! Not again. Never again.
"Comin' Amy?" Allie said offering out her hand.
I will show him what last week trash looks like. Food poisoning.
"Oh hell yeah I'm coming."