Almost

The next morning Sky woke up with someone saying 'kupo'. She looked around and saw nothing but a sleeping Noel. She stood up and walked around to find where that 'Kupo' sound came from. The more she walked, the more she felt helpless. She couldn't even find a hint where the sound came from.

She was about to give up until she heard it again. "Kupo."

She looked behind her and saw nothing. She walked towards where it was coming from. "Kupo..kupo.." the sound sounded lifeless. Sky immediately ran to the sound. Her eyes slightly widen at the scene. She saw a Moogle on the floor, blood surrounding their little body. Sky crouched down and was about to touch the Moogle until she heard a voice.

"Mogly!" A woman cried behind her. Sky turned around and saw a woman that looked just like her. Sky stood up to tell her to calm down but the woman past right through her body. Sky gasped and looked at the woman, who was holding the Moogle. This scene felt familiar to her. She crouched down beside the woman in order to see her face. She was shocked at who the woman was. The woman was her.

Sky looked at the Moogle and recognized her. It was her Moogle friend Mogly. She then knew what was going on. She was having a nightmare. A memory that she will never forget. Her friend Mogly died because she wasn't strong enough to protect her. She wasn't there when her friend needed her the most.

"Mogly..." Sky said sadly. The scene then vanished. She was surrounded by darkness. She closed her eyes and held her head down. She couldn't forget that memory. Not only did Yeul died, her childhood friend Mogly died as well. Sky was just 16 when Mogly died. She died two years before she met Yeul. She never mentioned Mogly to her, not even once.

"Look at that. You're a terrible friend. You didn't help your friend when she needed you the most." The voice said.

Sky clenched her fists and kept her eyes shut tight. She tried to ignore the voice but she couldn't stop it no matter what she did.

"Sky, play your role..let the people know the pain and suffering you're going through."

"Never!" Sky shouted. "Hurting others will not make my friends come back to life! Why do you need me to do your dirty work!?"

"Because people will trust you. They will never trust a god like me. I can't wait to see their faces when they find out the truth about you." The voice laughed.

Sky clenched her teeth. She couldn't believe she couldn't fight against the voice. The voice kept reminding her of the memory of Yeul's and Mogly's death. She could take it anymore. She wanted to kill herself to end her pain and suffering but the voice always managed to control her actions.

"Sky!" She heard another voice say. Sky opened her eyes but saw nothing. "Sky! Can you hear me?!" The voice said again. That voice sounded very familiar to her. She knew she heard it somewhere before.

"Noel..." Sky said softly, finally recognizing the voice.

She then closed her eyes at the sudden light that appeared. She held out her hand in front of her eyes to block some of the light to get a better view of what's going on. When it wasn't to bright she removed her hand. One side of the darkness was white meaning it was full of light meanwhile where she was standing was black, meaning it was full of darkness.

Sky walked towards the light but immediately stopped herself. She had a feeling if she kept walking she would die. "Sky! Wake up!" Noel's voice came from the side with light.

"Maybe...it's Noel's voice that's causing the light." She said to herself out loud. "If it is then what does it mean? "

"I means his light found it's way inside your heart." A voice that sounded wise said. Sky turned around and saw her Yeul.