Chapter 22

(That's the song you're singing. It's Missing You by All Time Low)

A/N

Hey guys,
I know it's been a while but I've been busy.
I just wanted to say that I wrote this chapter for those of you who self harm or have or had suicidal thoughts. It's a tough subject but I wanted to say that it get's better. And it's good to talk about it.
If you do want to talk about it, you can alway dm me.

Anyways I love you guys

XoxoAlyssa

YOUR POV

"Okay next up to meet RIOT! please follow me." My bandmates and I heard one of the security guards say to some fans at our meet and greet section. Soon five girls walked up to us. 4/5 was screaming and smiling, while 1/5 was just quiet. I decided to walk up to her, as my bandmates talked to the others. "Hey, aren't you excited to be here?" I asked the blue eyed girl who quickly nodded. "I just can't believe I'm finally meeting you. You have no idea how much you mean to me." The girl said, her eyes starting to water. I smiled at her and brought her in for a hug. As I hugged her I noticed she held me tighter than the other fans, as if afraid I'd leave. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her when I heard her sniffle. As we separated, I rubbed her back comforting. "Just some personal stuff." She told me sadly. "You can tell me if you want to." I offered as she looked at me. "I really don't want to bother,  I'm sure those girls want to talk to you too.." She told me pointing at the girls she walked in with. "Wait, you don't know them?" I asked her confused, but soon I realized that they sometimes put smaller groups together to save time.

"Who are you here with?" I asked the girl. "No one, no one wanted to go with me.." She told me, looking down. "I'm sure they are all idiots! I would go to a concert with you! " I told her smiling at her excited which made her giggle. "Well I don't really have friends. I'm not social at all, I'm quiet and insecure.." She told me. "Not social? Yet here you are talking to me like we've known each other for years!" I told her cheering her up a bit. "Is there any reason why you're quiet or insecure?" I asked her. "Well at home it's not that great and I'm being bullied.. I have been for a few years now, I'm a sophomore in High School, and every day it just get's harder. I just felt like I couldn't say or do anything without being judged, so I decided not to say anything but to suffer in silence alone in my room. Plus; I'm a punk and my family and the people around me don't like how I look. I don't really fit in anywhere.." She explained in a summary. As she talked I watched her pulling down her sweater sleeves every time. I lifted her arm carefully, slowly lifting up the sleeve of her sweater as if asking for permission. She didn't say anything, just watched me, so I took that as approval.

"Please don't hurt yourself anymore okay? Nor cry over those ignorant assholes. They are not worth your tears." I told her. "I hate them.." I heard her mumble, looking at her scars. I grabbed a black sharpie out of my back pocket that we use for signing things. I started drawing hearts around her scars. "I think, they are beautiful. I don't want you to cut again though, for anyone! But these scars.. Are reminders of the battles you've won. Inner battles in your mind about others and yourself. " I told her while her eyes teared up again. "Life is tough, I know. But fuck it, you are awesome  ! And if others can't see that, send them to me. Embrace who you are, cause you are strong enough to go past this. " I told her, I smiled at her as she hugged me tight. "Thank you (Y/N). Thank you so much." She whispered. "Alright, everybody pose for the picture so RIOT! can go get ready for their performance! " the photographer spoke up. I wiped her tears and we posed for pictures along with the rest of the group and my bandmates. When we went into the dressing, I grabbed my pen and paper and started writing some thoughts down.

My bandmates and I were performing as the Fifth Harmony girls wathed us from the side of the stage. "Wow what an amazing crowd tonight! Give it up for yourselves!" Nicki shouted into the mic. The crowd started to cheer as my bandmates and I clapped along with them. I scanned the crowd smiling, and my eyes landed on the girl I talked to at the meet and greets. "Okay here is a song I just wrote like 10 minutes ago, and I want to share it with you. I hope you guys like it and get the message.." I told the crowd. I looked around the crowd as I played the first guitar chords, to see the crowd all put their phone lights on to the song.

I heard that you've been
Self-medicating in the quiet of your room,
Your sweet, suburban tomb.
And if you need a friend,
I'll help you stitch up your wounds.

I heard that you've been
Having some trouble finding your place in the world.
I know how much that hurts,
But if you need a friend
Then please just say the word...

You've come this far,
You're all cleaned up,
You've made a mess again,
There's no more trying,
Time to sort yourself out...

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one,
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,
Now don't lose your fight, kid,
It only takes a little push to pull on through,
With so much left to do;
You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you.

I heard that you've been
Having some trouble finding your place in the world.
I know how much that hurts,
And if you need a friend
Then please just say the word...

You've come this far,
You're all cleaned up,
You've made a mess again,
There's no more trying,
Time to sort yourself out...

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one,
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,
Now don't lose your fight, kid,
It only takes a little push to pull on through,
With so much left to do;
You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you.

I walked up to the girl and sang right in front of her the next line full of passion:

Grit your teeth, pull your hair,
Paint the walls black and scream, "Fuck the world
'Cause it's my life, I'm gonna take it back,"
And never for a second blame yourself.

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one,
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,
(no, you can't cover up)
(one, two, three, four!)

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one (this ride is a wild one),
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,
Now don't lose your fight, kid (don't lose your fight, kid),
It only takes a little push to pull on through (push to pull on through),
With so much left to do;
You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you

The crowd went wild and I bend down to hug the girl who was, once again, crying. "Thank you guys! And good night, give it up for Fifth Harmony!" I said into the mic as the crowd went even wilder. The girls got onto the stage greeting us. Lauren looking at me lovingly, obviously having seen my performance, kissed my cheek. It didn't get unnoticed by the crowd as the all whistled making Lauren and I blush.