Always-Chapter 1

Hey there! This story is dedicated to my bestie so please pleas please if you like it, vote:D Comment below and let me know what do you think about the story:)

*******************************************************************************************

The first time I saw you I was walking around in my new neighbourhood randomly. Being this far away from Germany was really new to me. Not in a positive way. I missed my friends, the forest air and waves of water washing over rocks in the river. I missed Germany,

I remembered feeling the chilly England breeze against my cheeks, flushing slightly as I was adapting to the cold weather. My eyes darted around in wonder, exploring the new environment around me, my new home in England.

Walking down the street, I took a turn and found myself staring at a park. The trees and branches rustled, yellow and red leaves danced upon the ground.

I read my watch: 4:00p.m. Shrugging, I entered the park in my neighbourhood.

Then I remembered taking in all the greens and yellows, couples laying on the grassland with a book in hands, children chasing each other. I was still trying to get use to England. But so far England seemed to be a really nice place. As I walked along the same path, a set of benches came in sight. I was thinking about taking a seat, resting a little and those curly hair of yours caught my eyes.

Your body bent forward as you sat still, glancing around the park. I noticed how you look down frequently, as if you were avoiding everyone's eyes. Those furrowed eyebrows looked too serious for your young face. But I was interested.

Swiftly, I took a seat on the bench beside yours.

You acted shy, like me. I was always a bit nervous around the English because I was afraid if anyone asked me something, I would let myself loose and all the German accent just came rushing out. Yes, I was very insecure about that.

You paid little notice of me. You were busy writing on your little notebook. The yellowish wrinkled pages made me wonder. I was eager to know what you were writing about. I guess I was just bored.

So we sat there for more than half an hour. I refused to say we had sat for more because that would make me sound like a creeper. You were concentrating hard, occasionally gazing about while I was enjoying the afternoon sun.

It was 5:30 when my brother came to look for me, telling me to return home with him that you had finally looked across the benches. I felt yours eyes on me. I didn't dare to look at you. My brother Jacob could speak in English rather fluently. I nodded to all his questions, not willing to open my mouth. He raised a questioning eyebrow but I ignored him. Turning to leave with my 17 year-old brother, I glanced back and met those pale green eyes under the setting sun.

Your pale green eyes.

****

"Why are you so quiet? What happened?" Jacob asked. We were on our way home, my head was still wavering over the thought of you.

Nothing, I answered in German. The rest of the walk was silent. I recovered a little during dinner, stuffing food into my mouth, feeling out of place in our new house. I loved the flower patterns on the wall in the dinning room. It made me feel like I was having my meals in a garden. The blue paint in my room was peeling off. Dad said he would repaint it for me, with my choice of colour.

"Do you like it here, Moritz?" asked Dad, sipping his glass of water. My younger brother, 12 years old, swallowed hard then nodded.

"I really like it here! Have you seen the park by the end of the street?"