Always-Chapter 14

"Can I please take a picture with you?"

"I love your performances on X-Factor!"

"Are you really close to the boys in your group?"

Jacob elbowed me quietly. I blinked and glanced up at him, oblivious that I had been watching the crowd busied around Harry.

"Do you want to go grab lunch?" Jacob asked with a voice emptied of emotions, in a way that was actually pretty obvious. My brother was not a good liar.

I nodded and forcefully turned away from the scene. Something hot and bitter grew in my stomach with every step I took further away from Harry. I knew I should probably go and help him out. I cast a glance over my shoulder and caught the clouded frown on Harry's face. The slight line between his brows that always hinted his nerves or deepening thoughts. The feeling of loss whenever I missed the dimples in his cheeks.

"Careful!" Jacob's voice snapped me out of my trance as he pulled me aside, narrowly avoiding a towering pupil who scowled openly at me.

"Watch it," He grunted before walking past us.

Exhaling tiredly, I had no idea how quick the day had weighed on me.

"Do you think I should go and help him?" I murmured mostly to myself, yet my sub conscious mind made the question loud enough for my brother to hear. Half heartedly I was hoping Jacob wouldn't answer me.

"I think so." Unfortunately, my brother did. He gave me a sideway peer before continuing while we moved along with the lunch queue, "He's your boyfriend."

Our eyes met for a brief second, my heart pounding at his words. Jacob chuckled and shook his head. "It's quite obvious, if you ask me."

I was silent until when it was our turn to pick our food. "Jacob, do you still remember your first relationship?" Jacob arched an eyebrow at me quizzically. I hurried with my question before he could embarrass me. "How does it feel like?"

He took his time to answer me. "First relationship, huh?" I nodded and grabbed an apple. When Jacob replied, I could almost feel the smile between his words without even seeing his face. "I fell hard, Klara. We did a lot of things that we shouldn't have and man, was she wild." The corner of Jacob's lips lifted and he shook his head wanly with a smile that he only preserved it for certain people in his life. "Now that I look back, I don't think I would have ever regretted asking her to our first prom, and picking out a stupid flower that had seemed so spectacular in that moment for her. It changed me, Klara." His eyes were fixed on me. I gulped and struggled to grasp the undertone in his reply. "But still, we could have done more. I should have gone after her."

I darted my eyes towards the fullest table in the school canteen. At the same time, Harry looked up and locked gaze with me. The tiniest hint of smile broke through his frown.

Jacob left me to my business and joined his friends at a table. I watched him gratefully before making my way towards Harry. Few girls around her noticed Harry's sudden attention and followed where he was looking. I couldn't stop smiling just by looking at the boy I loved, yet my throat began to close up with the building nerves at the knot in my stomach.

One of the girl in front of the table straightened up and faced me in a swift of movement. It was the same girl who stopped me in front of my English classroom.

"Oh, hi, Klara," she greeted sweetly, tilting her head at a side innocently.

My smile dropped slightly as I regarded her. "I'm so sorry for earlier. I honestly think I should have started the conversation better. Don't you think?" The girl asked and flashed me a lip glossed grin. I shrugged and tried to walk around her. She reached out and grabbed my left wrist. I glanced down at her hand in surprise. Some of the other pupils that were surrounding Harry paused and watched us.