Chapter 16 - Ancient Monarch

"Haa...I'm sorry." Without any evidence that Hira was born in Ilsiya, it is pretty obvious for the old man not to believe him. Especially with his talent and potential, it would be something unbelievable for any resident in this world.

"......No problem, it just a kid's rant after all." Clearly, the old man still holds some vexation toward Hira in his heart. But he still can't help but to praise Hira for being able to be level-headed and not drove by his emotion. Instead he is quite disappointed by himself for not being able to control his emotion, even though he is much older than Hira.

"Then sir, could you please explain about this "Black Dragon army calamity"?" With a pleading tone, Hira asked the old man with pity. He disregarded the old man sarcasm tone as the opportunity is in front of him after all, he can't let it go easily. The old man might be able to solve some puzzle in his head.

When the he saw how Hira's act, he can only sigh with depression. A moment this kid just went rampaging all over, and in an instant he just suddenly became obedient.

"You said you're a survivor from the Red Willow Fate Village? What proof do you have? There is no trace of survivor in the calamity site, and even if there is, the probability for a survivor to live is almost zero!" The old man looks at Hira with contempt. Even if you have awesome talent, did you think you can conn this old man easily? No evidence means, no truth. That is what I'm holding on.

".....Then, if I tell you every name which had live in the village, can that be count as the evidence?" Hira replies to the old man with a solemn tone without any hesitation. It's a straightforward and determined answer. Even if the old man wishes it, he can also describe every person appearance in the village. His mind had already been burned with the villager cries, despair and hope. He can still remember the carefree life he had and how it turned into a hell in just a day.

"You.....tell me your village head's name and your family member's name." The old man is shocked with Hira statement. Hira's tone contained a hint of sadness with an unsurmounted hatred. Even if he is trying to hide it, the old man can still sense the killing intent which leaking out from his body.

"Huu....." With a deep breath, Hira closes his eyes and his mind is full with his home field, and then slowly it turned into the living room. He then saw his father, mother and sister whom sitting at the dining table. Then all of them turn their head towards Hira. Every one of them had different expression when they saw him.

His father runs toward him and praise him when he captured a huge wild tiger from the wilderness. His face is full of radiance and proudness when he looks at Hira. But suddenly his father is pushed aside and a motherly figure is standing in front of him.

His mother flicked his head with loving and angry looks for his reckless attempt. She can't help but to be angered with him while spouting a lot of ranting in front of him. Hira can only sit silently while nudging his hand. Suddenly, she held her hand and caress Hira's head gently and lovingly.

His sister ran toward him and punched his face with all her might. She then cried so hard while complaining and hugged him tightly. Hira then put his hand toward his sister's head and pet her.

Then distinctly, two figures came into his mind, a skinny old man with a female teenager besides him.

When the old man looks at Hira, his mouth is curved upward, grinning mischievously while his left eye is blinking at him with a playful intent. Hira then replied toward him by giving a thumb up with the same grin.

The female teenager beside the skinny old man started to sigh with depressing tone and then turned her head toward Hira. Her face then shows a bright smile that can even cause a whole kingdom to fall. But suddenly, her hand move slightly and she gave Hira a thumbs down with a threatening expression. Hira face suddenly covered with a lot of cold sweat.