Chapter Five- A Mystery

Sorry about not updating as much as I used to! School has been taking up so muchh time it's not even funny! I'll be sure to get more writing in here more often! Thanks, guys!

THANK YOU TO MY VERY FIRST READER!!! It means SO MUCH TO ME, like, it's not even FUNNY. Iloveyou to death already, like, you don't even knooow.♥

NEW READERS: Be sure to tell me what you think by commenting!

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Five

A Mystery

                                  I felt a vibration up against my back as I wake up. I quietly thanked my alarm once more. It's two in the morning, and I've been waking up every single hour just to make sure Paige is right where I want her; right next to me, in bed, and in an embrace in my arms. Her body is weak anyway; we realized that she had a deep gash in her leg last night while I forced her into bed, and she has cuts on the inside of her arms as if she did it herself. I asked her if she truely did; she said that she didn't. I could tell when she was lying, but this time, it was the truth. I believed her.

"Would you tell me if you did?" I asked her sitting on the couch.

"Y-yes," Paige said honestly, still shaken up by the whole event that happened. 

                                  Fortunately, it's over now. She's with me for the weekend, because her mother knows nothing about her rape. I told her that we wanted to be alone for the weekend; she agreed, only because I insisted that my mother and sister will be watching over us the whole time. When really, the two of them could care less.

                                  I now lay in my bed, just praying that nothing happens to her tonight in case the vibration of my alarm doesn't wake me up. I was exhausted, and could pass out any minute now. I knew I couldn't. It was my job to keep her safe, even though the only one that assigned this job to me was, well, me. I stare into the blackness as I squeeze Paige tighter in my wide, muscular arms. I don't know if she feels it or not, but I know I can. I love the feeling of her being close to me; it makes me feel safe, like nothing can go wrong when she's in my arms. My bare abdomen feels warm against her. Paige needed clean clothes, so I threw the dirty ones in the laundry, while I gave her my green one to sleep in. It was my favorite sweatshirt, because it always smelled of her vanilla-almond prefume. She wore it so much, the scent permanently stayed there, no matter how many times in a row you washed it.

                                   Suddenly, I hear a whimper coming from next to me. It was most likely Paige, so I listened carefully. After the whimpering came a yelp. She whispered,

"No. Please, no. I'll do anything. Don't hurt me. Please, don't hurt me."

                                  I grew worried. I thought to wake her up, but then she turned silent again. I feel my heart start to slow down, unti-

"NO! Why are you hurting me? Don't kill me please. Please, don't kill me!"

                                Paige then starts to quiver in what seemed like fear. Before I woke her up, she sat up quickly. I could make out her body, and her face turning left and right consistantly. I sat up, easilly finding her back so I could put my hand on it. My heart starts racing; I'm scared, but I don't show it.

"Babe? Babe, what's wrong?" 

                               I go down to the bottom of her back to get my hand inside of her sweatshirt, where just her bra was on. Her back was warm; something that I loved when she slept. I moved my hand up and down her back as I rubbed it, trying to avoid making contact with her bra, making sure she felt safe, making sure she knew I was there.