2

Nova's Point Of View

Blood. All I saw was blood. "Let's clean this up girls," Savannah says.
Really?? That's all she said? She acted like this happened all the time.

"Are you kidding me?!" I say, immediately catching their attention.

"What do you mean Nova?" Grace asks.

"You guys act like this happens every day!! 'Let's clean this up girls.' That's all you can say?! We can't at least try to help her??" I say, tears forming at the corners of my eyes.

"Nova..." Bliss says, walking over to me. She tries calming me down but I push her away.

"No. No more 'Nova,'" I say impersonating Bliss ", I can't handle this!" I run back into the bedroom and sit on the bed I thought was mine. "I want Jace..." I whisper to myself. I lay down and let the tears stream down my face. I didn't want to be here more than a day, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I sit up in the bed and whip the tears off my face. I go to the mirror in the corner of the room. I look over my body. I was still in the dress I wore to the party, and since I was crying, my makeup streamed down my face. I try cleaning it, but I smudge it, only making it look worse.

"Nova..." someone says from behind me.

"What?!" I say, starting to get angry.

"You need to calm down or Mark will kill you if he finds out you have been acting like this," she says, now recognizing the voice, I knew it was Grace.

"I don't care! I would rather die then to have him touch me!!" I yell.

"Nova,  I know how you feel--"

"NO YOU FUCKING DON'T!!!" I yell, interrupting her.

"Nova!" She says, I could feel her anger boiling.

I stomp out and go into the back of the basement with the bookshelves and couches.  I sit in the one farthest away from everyone else.  I look over from where I last saw River.  It was all cleaned like it never happened.  I look around me and see Bliss.  "Let me guess you want me to feel worse about myself by telling me that everything will be alright," I say.

"Well if that's what you want me to tell you," she says ", but that's not what I came over here to tell you."

"Well?" I say, looking at her expectantly. 

"I only act like I like it down here.  I actually hate it.  It's the worst place ever.  Savannah and Grace were converted,  they like it down here, they like getting raped by that monster," she says,  only so I can hear her.

"Wait. He rapes us??" I say, starting to feel worried. 

She nods, lowering her head. 

"How long did it take him to want to rape you?" I ask, hopefully I could get some information.

She looks up, counting the days or weeks.  "About 2 weeks," she finally says ", sometimes he doesn't take anyone into that room, sometimes he does."

"Wait which room?" I say, looking around, I hadn't seen any other doors.

"There," she says, pointing to a door that was across from us, but the door line was so faint, it was hard to see.

"Do we have to clean in that room?" I say, I didn't want to think about what was in that room.

"No, luckily," Bliss says.

"Thank the fucking gods!" I say.  I didn't want to imagine how long it would take cleaning up all of THAT. Admit it, you know what I mean. 

"So do you think we can somehow escape.  Maybe if we team up together?" I ask.

"Well we could--" Bliss starts.

"Nova, Bliss can you come help us?"  Savannah asks from the kitchen. 

"Coming!" Bliss says, she was talking in her "I'm super excited" voice. 

"Yeah coming," I say, standing up.  Bliss and I walk to the kitchen.  Bliss puts back on her "I love this place!" look, so Savannah and Grace don't get suspicious.  Bliss immediately knows what to do, so she starts cooking.
"What should I do?" I ask.

"You can set the table, when you are done you can just sit on the couch," Savannah says.

I do as I'm told and set the table.  Napkin, fork, spoon, and a knife.  I thought about using the knife on Mark, but the butter knives could probably barely even cut a slice of bread.  I put the plates on the table, but instead of glass or plastic plates, we had paper plates so I couldn't bash his head with them.  I sit on the couch and wait for Mark to come down.  I didn't want him to come down, but I did so I could stop tensing up.  I hoped he would never come down, someone caught him or killed him.  I watch as Savannah, Grace, and Bliss serve the food. Then the moment I dreaded finally came.  I heard the door open.  I was thinking about making a run for it.  "Hello Girls," he says.

"Hello Mark," we say, I was a second late.  I get up and sit at the empty seat, I tried getting as far away from Mark as I could.  We all ate in silence, only exchanging a few words.  I said nothing the whole time.  The whole time I recited in my head that hopefully this was all a dream.

A dream.

A dream.

I knew it wasn't though.  Everything felt too real.  When Mark stood up, I started feeling worried.  Was he going to take anyone in his Rape Room?? I hoped not.  I hoped it was neither Bliss or I.  He came over to my side of the table.  I tensed up more.  He walked past me, and went to Bliss, she was the farthest away from me.  He kissed her on the lips, long and hard.  Then repeated with Savannah and Grace.  Not me. Not me. Not me.  He walks towards me, and kisses my hand.  Thank god it wasn't on my lips.  My lips were for Jace and Jace only.  "I will see you girls on the morning," he says ", goodnight girls."

"Goodnight Mark," we all say, I was once again a second behind.  I get up and help clean off the table.  When we finish we all go into the bedroom.  I collapse on my bed and stare up at the bed above me.  I wondered who slept above me. 

"Nova aren't you going to change into some pj's?" Savannah asks. 

"I don't have any though," I say, what did she just expect me to have prepared for a sleepover?

"In the closet, there are some extras," Grace says.   

I walk to the closet and find that all the outfits were the same with the same sizes.  I grab a pair and go into the bathroom to change.  I change quickly and take my makeup off.  I leave the bathroom and see Bliss in the bed above me.  I lay down and almost immediately fall asleep.  I hoped I would wake up in my bed at home.