9

~-Nova's POV-~

I start panicking and stare at the door, I couldn't get myself to move away. 

"Hello gir-" Mark starts.  He sees Savannah's body and stares in shock.

"Who did this?!" He yells.

No one speaks.  "Well?! I could kill you all right now!!!" He shouts. 

We don't speak.

"Fine.  If that's how you want to play..."  He pulls out his knife and walks to me first.  "No one will hear you scream, I know you can't speak."

He starts pressing the cold knife to my neck.  "Mark no!! Stop!" Grace yells.

"Do you want her to kill you all?!"  Mark says.

"No Mark... I.. I did it...." Grace whispers.

"What..?!" Mark says.

"I'm sorry," Grace whispers.  Why was she defending me?  

"I...  Grace I trusted you," Mark whispers. 

"Just, please.  Do it," she says, walking to him.  I notice Zoey walk to the kitchen and grab something.  I wasn't able to see what it was.  She walks behind Mark and pulls something out of his pocket.  A phone.  I walk towards the bedroom and watch what she does.  She walks up the stairs and looks at the phone.  I watch her type something then send it.  I walk slowly towards the door with her.  I stand behind her and she glances at me.  She shows me the phone and notice shes texting Jace.  The conversation was pretty much her telling Jace how to get us out.  The phone vibrates and she gets another text from Jace.  I'm at the boxes. Now what?  the text says.  

Pull them away and you should see a doorknob Zoey sends back .  I look at the door and see it jiggle a little.  

Its locked Jace responds. 

There should be a key on top of the biggest box. Zoey sends.  How did she know where it was?  

Got it! Jace responds.  She doesn't send anything.  I watch the door knob and it clicks open.  I smile and wait to see Jace on the other side.  He pulls it open slowly and I Zoey and I push our way out of the basement.  We get out and Jace closes the door quietly and locks Mark in the basement.  "I missed you," Jace says, hugging me as tight as possible.  He strokes my hair and kisses the top of my head.  

"He'll be in prison or dead eventually, the police are outside," He says.  He lets go of me and my eyes start tearing up.  I try to speak, but nothing comes out.  I glance at his face but look away.  There was no way he still wanted to be with me. "Babe," He whispers ", I still love you."

I couldn't tell if that was the truth or if he just wanted me to feel better.  I feel Zoey tap my shoulder.  "The police are here with paramedics," she says.  I follow her out the front door.  I don't notice the blood on my shirt until I walk out and the paramedics rush to me.  

"Are you ok?" one of them says. 

"I--" I start," my voices cracks and I loose my voice again.  

"Broken vocal cord," the other paramedic says.   I hear Jace gasp.  I look back at him and from the look on his face I could tell he was pissed.  

"Was it Mark?" He asks, gritting his teeth.  I nod and Jace hugs me.  

"That bastard should die," Jace says, he usually never swore unless he was really mad.  I watch the police march into Mark's house.  Jace lets go of me and follows them.  I try to follow him too but the paramedic tells me to stop.  

"Nova we have to get you to the hospital," Zoey says. 

I try to tell her Jace needs me but I couldn't talk.  I sigh and look back at Jace.  He was inside the house already and the police were pulling Mark out of the basement.  He was yelling curse words and why he shouldn't be taken to jail.  I climb in the ambulance and look at Zoey.  She had nothing wrong with her, other than a large cut on her leg.  I try to remember what happened but I couldn't think of anything.  The paramedics start driving. The drive goes by slowly, but eventually we get to the hospital.  I start feeling light headed.  

"Nova? Are you ok?" Zoey says.  

I start to nod but I slowly start to pass out.    "NOVA!!!!" Zoey yells.  The paramedics open the door and I feel myself get lifted onto a stretcher.  I try opening my eyes but before I can,  I fully pass out.

~-A/N-~

Ohmygod!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its almost Halloween (or as I call it Holoween.)

Anyway! Hope you liked this chapter.  Hopefully I can get back in and start having an update per week! xD Yeah.  

CYAA!