6

Nova's Point Of View

Bliss walked out of the bedroom. She didn't seem like herself. I walk towards her and she grabs my arm. "Nova come with me," she says, dragging me in.

"Yeah?" I ask, she closed the door and let's go of my arm.

"We are getting out of here."

"What about Mark? How will we get out?"

"I don't know..... We could smash something over his head then run."

"What if that doesn't work?"

"Uhhhm..."

"Wait! Doesn't he leave the door unlocked when he is down here?"

"Yeah!!" She says.

"Well we can try that."

"Alright so we should make a signal."

"We could just run when we are 5 minutes into eating."

"Well if we run at the same time he would only be able to stop one of us."

"I'll stay behind you."

"Why?"

"So I get caught and you don't."

"But you have a child. I don't."

"I don't care. I didn't want a child with Mark. Or anyone really. I'm not ready to be a mom."

"Alright...."

"When we are both ready we should wink at each other."

"Alright I think we are ready."

We walk out and I go to the bookshelf. Bliss goes to the kitchen. I get lost as I start to read.

Grace taps my arm. "Yeah?" I ask.

"Can you help us with dinner?" She asks.

"Sure," I say, getting up and putting the two books I read away. I walk to the kitchen. I immediately know what to do. I make everything just like normal. I keep catching glances from Bliss, I could tell she was just as worried as I was. We finish and Zoey sets the table. I glance up at the door and hear Mark coming down. Bliss and I would be out of here any minute now. "Hello girls." He says.

"Hello Mark," everyone was in sync except Bliss and I. But I don't think he could tell. We all sit down and 2 minutes in I see Bliss wink. I wink back. Go time. We get up and run, me behind her, just as we planned.  But we didn't plan what happened next. 

"Bliss!!!!" Mark yells.  We kept running. I hear chairs screeching across the floor.  I glance back and see a knife in his back pocket. 
"Hurry," I say, loud enough for only Bliss to hear.   She picks up her pace and we get to the top of the stairs.  My heart beats and I hear it in my ears.  She grabs the door knob and it opens.  My heart slowed until I heard Mark running up the stairs. 

"Bliss if you don't get back here right now, I will kill you," he says, holding the knife pointing straight at her.  

"Mark,  I'm done with your shit.  You have raped us, kidnapped us!!!"  She says,  I look behind Mark and see Savannah Grace and Zoey. 

"I didn't do that Bliss.  I wanted my girls back.  You are mine!  I need to create our perfect  family."

"Oh.  Is that why you rape us? You want children?!"  Bliss says.  I needed to help her.