3

Nova's Point of View

I feel someone shaking me, it was too early. "Go away Jace," I mumble.

"Jace?" I hear someone say, it definitely was not Jace. No no no no no! I open my eyes and see Bliss. "No..." I whisper. I thought I was just dreaming, but clearly I wasn't.

"What's wrong?" Bliss asks.

"Everything. I'm not supposed to be here. I want Jace," I say, tears start filling my eyes when I say his name.

"Who's Jace?" She asks.

"He's my boyfriend," I say. I get choked up just thinking about him out there. Was he looking for me? Or had he already given up?

Jace's Point of View

Kidnapped.
My girlfriend was kidnapped.

It hurt to say or thinking the only one I loved was taken from me. I kick the base of the table and stand up. I couldn't just sit there. I had to find her. Someone could have already killed her. Or raped her. I didn't know what would be worse... Definitely her being killed.

"Jace! Sit back down!!"  My mom yells.

"No," I say ", you don't understand.  No one you love was taken from you!"

"Jace.  I know how you fe-"

"No you don't!" I yell, interrupting her.

She lets out a sigh.  "Jace,  she is probably miles from here.  She could already be dead!"

"Don't say that," I say ",  Nova is probably scared.  I don't know why someone would take her. "  I get choked up and look down,  I couldn't cry. 

"Go look for her,  but take her brother," she says.

"I could get Cary too.  She is probably worried about Nova too."

"Sure.  Just hurry."

I leave the room and put on some shoes.  I try texting Nova again, but there was no answer.  Of course.  I get in my car and drive to Nova's family's house.  I get out of the car and walk to the door.  I knock until Nova's dad answers the door.  I always hated talking to him. 

"Yes Jace?" He asks.  He still looked massive and terrifying, but sounded like someone hit him super hard. 

"Can I take Chase to help me find Nova?" I ask.

"Sure, but be careful.  We don't want you two taken as well," he says. 

I go to Chases room, assuming that's were he would be.  There he was, sitting on his bed.  He didn't even look like he lost his sister.  I wondered if he even cared.  "Chase come with me, we are going to look for your sister," I tell him.

"Go by yourself Jace.  I'm not coming," he says.

Not coming? What did he mean he was "Not Coming?!" 

"What?! Chase your sister was kidnapped!!  How could you not help!?"  I say,  my best friend wasn't coming with me to help me find my girlfriend and his little sister.

"It wasn't my fault she was kidnapped!" He says.

"Yeah and there are 100's of people out there looking for her,  and it wasn't their fault she was kidnapped!  At least they are helping.  Have fun sitting here knowing your sister is possibly dead or being raped," I say,  before he can say anything,  I leave his room and slam the door.  I storm past their dad and go to my car.  I get in and turn the key in the ignition.  Vroom vroom pfft.  What the heck?!  Why was my car not working?! I try again.  Vroom vroom pfffft.  I slam my fists on the horn.  The car let's out a deep, but short,  honk.  What the hell was wrong with my car?!  I get out and look in the hood.  I found nothing suspicious.  I get back in the car,  and try the key again.  Same reaction.  I was beginning to think someone sabotaged my car.  Luckily i knew where Cary lived.  I walk to her house,  knowing it was only a couple blocks away from Nova's house. I get to Cary's house and knock on the door.  I look in through the window to see if I can find her or her parents.  I see no one.  I knock again, louder this time.  I see a shadow coming to the door.  Cary's mom opens the door.  But her face was smeared with makeup.  "Hi.. Jace..." She says,  tears drip off her cheeks.

"Hello Mrs.