8

~-Jace's P.O.V-~

The police had stopped searching for Nova.  I wouldn't give up though.  I knew that we would be able to find Nova.  I go downstairs and put my shoes on. I hadn't changed in the past month.  I smelt horrible and looked like crap. My mom still made my change, but I didn't want to waste time while Nova could be getting tortured.

"Jace, come get breakfast," my mom says.   I run into the kitchen and grab a slice of toast then run out.

"Jace!" my mom yells.

"Yeah?" I yell back.

"Be careful," she says, handing me an energy drink.    She hugs me and when she lets go I run out to my car.  I get in and turn it on.  I drive ahead to pick up Chase.  He had called me the night before.  He said that he would help, since the police stopped looking for her.  I stop at the Reid's house.  I honk my horn three times before Chase finally comes out.

"Took you long enough," I say when he gets in the car.

"Yeah, my mom wanted me to bring something to eat," he says.  I start driving and Chase looks out the right side of the road and I look out the left.  About 20 minutes later of searching, I see something walking across the road.  I slow down and watch the guy walk across the road. 

"I don't trust him," I say. 

"Why? He is just walking across the road,"  Chase says, watching the guy walk across.

"That's Nova's old boyfriend,"  I say.  I watch the guy walk across the road.  I notice a small bag thrown over his shoulder.  I look as close as I can, to see if I can tell what it is. 

"I'm going to ask him if he wants to help us," I say, jumping out of the car.  I walk over to him and tap his shoulder.

"Can I help you?" He asks.

"Have you seen this girl?" I ask, holding a picture of Nova out on my phone.

"I recognize the face,  but I haven't seen her in a while," he says.  Liar.

"Oh... Well, would you like to help us?  We are running low on people and the police have given up," I say.  Hopefully I could convince him.

"I would.  I will help as much as I can," he says.  We get back into my car and he gets in the back.   I start driving and pull onto a sort of deserted road. 

"I never caught your name," he says.

"Jace." I say "This is Chase."

"Nice to meet you guys.  I'm Mark," he says.  I knew I recognized him.

"Well thank you for helping," Chase says. 

"Do you know whats at the end of this road?" I ask.

"I actually live down here," he says.  He seemed to start panicking. 

"Oh really? Do you think we could go in?" I ask. Smooth.

"Uh.... Sure," he says.

"Cool thanks," Chase says.

About 5 minutes later we pull in front of Marks house.  Mark gets out first and runs to the door.  Not suspicious at all.  Chase and I get out after him and. He holds the door open for us. We walk in and he closes the door behind himself. Chase and I look around. I try and see if there were in suspicious doors or something. "You live alone?" I ask, looking at the walls.

"Yes. But my fiance is moving in next week," he lies.

I nod and look see a small crack in the wall, in the shape of a door. "What's that?" I ask him.

"Oh, uh, that's just... the wallpaper peeling off," he lies again.

"Wallpaper?" I ask, feeling it.

"Get out of my house please," he says.

"What? Why? I thought you wanted to help," Chase says.

"I don't want to help anymore. Get. Out," he says.

"Wh-" Chase starts.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!" Mark yells

~-Nova's P.O.V-~

I lay on the couch and suddenly hear something really loud. I sit up and look towards the door. I hear more yelling and a gun shot. "What was that?" Zoey asks.

Please not Jace I think. Mark said that he wanted to go out to help "look for me." I shut my eyes, thinking of something other than Jace getting shot. The only thing I can see when I close my eyes is Bliss getting killed. I sit up and push myself out of the chair. I run upstairs and bang on the door.

"Nova!!!!" Savannah yells.

I don't stop, I keep pounding on the door. "NOVA!!!" She yells again, I glance over my shoulder and see her running at me with one of the dull knives in her hand. She lunges at me and I fall against the door. I glare at her and push her down the stairs. She stands up, limping. I broke her leg. She groans in pain and she shoots me a look of anger. "You b--" she starts. Zoey runs at Savannah and shoves a dull knife in her side. Savannah takes the knife out of her side and blood starts spreading around on her gray shirt. She glares at Zoey and grabs the knife out of her hand.

"I trusted you," Zoey starts ", but you shouldn't have attacked Nova."

Savannah gags at the sight of her blood. Of course she was being brainwashed, she was acting just like Mark. I glance toward the kitchen and see Grace casually cooking dinner like nothing was happening. I walk down to her and tap her on the shoulder. She gasps and I point towards them. Do you not see what's happening? I mouth.

"I do see whats happening and I don't care. This is her karma," she says. I look at the boiling water on the stove. Maybe that could end her. Make her burn then hit her over the head. Mark should have seen this happening. I look back at Grace and she shakes her head. I didn't care, this was already chaotic. I take the boiling water and run at Savannah. I dump the burning water on her. I hear Grace gasp. "NOVA YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!!!" Savannah screams.

"I think you're already burning," Zoey says.

"SHUT UP!!" Savannah yells. I hand the pot to Zoey and she takes it, slamming it as hard is possible on Savannah's head.  She slumps to the ground. Dead. We killed her.  I take in what we had just done and feel the urge the throw up.  I run to the bathroom and throw up.  I couldn't believe we had killed someone.  I would be fine if it was Mark, but we killed Savannah.  The girl that had been in here the longest.  I wipe my mouth and walk out of the bathroom.  I stare at her still corpse and sigh.  She was gone.  I start calming down until I hear the basement door unlock.