11

A/n This is the last chapter! Thank you everyone that read and voted on this story!! 

-~Nova's P.O.V.~-

I wake up and all I see is the bright white light. I try opening my eyes to see, but they were so out of focus, I wouldn't be able to get them to focus. I close my eyes and try again. Same bright light. Nothing. I close my eyes for a minute and wait patiently, counting up to 60. I open my eyes and see everything clearly again. I glance down and notice small stitches on my chest. I wondered what it could be from but I look away from it and sit up. I feel sharp pain in my stomach and I slump back down. I hiss from the pain and close my eyes. I slowly fall into a deep sleep.   

-~Jace's P.O.V.~-

I look towards Nova's parents.  They were crying.  "Wait. What happened?" I ask. 

"Nova...." Nova's mom starts, but cuts herself off by breaking down again. 

"Is Nova ok??" I ask.  She shakes her head.  "What happened!?" I ask. 

"She died...." Chase says.  He wasn't crying but I could see the hurt in his eyes.  Time stops.  The world seemed to be spinning.  I sit down before I fall. About 5 minutes later, I finally get everything straight. "How did they kill her?" I whisper.

"They cut too deep into her neck when they were doing her vocal cord surgery....  They hit her windpipe and blood flooded into her lungs..."  Nova's dad explains. 

 I couldn't respond. I couldn't believe she was dead.  My girlfriend. The person I cared about the most. I couldn't take it.  

"I'm going home..." I whisper.  I go out to my car and start driving.  I drive back to Mark's house and stop my car.  

"She's gone..." I mumble to myself.  I lean my head against the steering wheel and stare at the floor.  I open the car door and walk into the now abandoned house.  I push the door into the basement and walk down.  

"Jace?" Someone says.  

"Who's there?" I say, looking around.

"Zoey.  Why are you here Jace?" she says. 

"I just needed to get away from reality..." I mumble. 

"Why's that?" Zoey questions.  

"Nova.... Died...." I whisper. 

"What...?" she mumbles ", how... What happened?!" 

"The  doctors tried to fix her vocal cord, but they cut in the wrong area and-"

"They killed her.... She didn't deserve any of this..."

"I know..." I hug Zoey, who was now crying.  

"I can't Jace.  I'm going to see her... If they let me...." she pulls out of my grip and walks upstairs.