Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s POV

Hopefully she wouldn't send me out on another mission. I'd try to enjoy this moment while I could. *yawn* I suppose I might have a little nap before she came.

You're not scared that she's gonna get to you in your sleep?
Why would I be? She's nothing more than someone that gives me something to do.
O...kay?

I went to bed.

~Dream~

I found myself in a field of white flowers...but some of them were stained red with blood. What happened here? I looked down and noticed that I was still dressed in my fire outfit. I stood up and walked around.

Why were the flowers stained? Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with someone that looked very familiar but I couldn't remember who it was.

"Um hi?"
"You're (Y/n), right?" I nodded.
"Come with me," the little girl said. I followed her but it felt like we were going nowhere in particular.
"Um, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?"
"You'll figure it out soon enough."
"What are we doing here?"
"I'm here to show you something. The blood on the flowers are from the people that chose to suicide."
"Why would they choose to do something like that?"
"You caused them to do this. You believed Demitra and eventually, you could switch between your 'selves' of your own free will. People began to fear you and you were known as the 'Fire Empress'."

Now that I think about it, this girl's voice reminded me of my own and her looks somehow resembled my own too. She wore a simple light pink nightgown.

"You're me...aren't you?" She smiled.
"You finally figured it out. Think about it. Why did you switch to this side?"
"Isn't it obvious? Jack did this to me, he made me change."
"Did he really?" I looked at her, confused.
"We'll meet again, goodbye (Y/n)."
"No, wait!"

~Dream end~

I woke up with a start.

Did you see that?
Uh duh, I am in your mind.
Do you think she could be telling the truth?
Beats me, I don't care.
But what if it's true?
Ugh, just forget about it.

*sigh* Maybe I should. Demitra came in.

"(Y/n), I hope you have rested well. Today, you'll be going into a different realm and entering a contest. If you are able to win, then I will no longer give you any punishment whatsoever. But if you fail to do so, I will add even more." Again with the punishments!
"Okay." She enchanted an ancient spell and a black hole appeared.
"Jump in, I won't be able to go with you. Just win!"
"Got it."

I jumped in and felt an immense gravitational pull drag me towards what looked like an arena. There were other competitors as well. But they looked 'out of this world'.

"Alright, everyone has gathered. Now I will explain the rules. There are 10 competitors and 10 different bags with supplies. Who knows what's inside? Race to grab one and run to the forest. Your job is to retrieve a stone that looks exactly like the fake one I'm holding. Feel free to torture and/or kill, anyone you come across. Begin!"

I ran and grabbed the nearest bag. Someone with horns glared at me.

Glare back at them.

I did as she told me and ran towards the huge forest. I jumped up onto a nearby branch and waited for people to come. Someone that looked like a normal teenage city boy came my way.

I looked in my backpack and grabbed out a small dagger. I zipped it up and put it on. I jumped onto him but he flipped me off with super strength. I got up. He just smirked.

"No way you can beat me, girlie."
"Gosh, you're just too over confident."

I ignited a fire in my hand but he surrounded his hands in water. I attacked him with a fire knife but he extinguished it with his water.

"Where're you from?"
"A planet the citizens of Earth haven't discovered."

I narrowed my eyes. He surrounded my body in a pool of screeching cold water. I screamed in pain. It was even starting to burn. I just laughed.

What do you say about taking over?
It'll be my pleasure.

It took a while but we were finally able to switch selves.

"Hey there. Would you like a go at this pain? I'd love to see your pain." I giggled sadistically. He looked at me, confused. I laughed insanely.
"The pain!"

I managed to get out of his water and shot a blast of fire at him. He took the shot. I quickly tied him up with a nearby vine.

"Now for your torture..."

I took the small dagger and sliced his arm. His face refused to show weakness. He somehow broke the vines and trapped me under his body. He smirked.

"Your turn," he said.

He punched my stomach. I coughed out blood. While he was still deciding what to do, I stabbed him with the dagger and ran off.

Can we win this?
Of course we can. Have some positivity.
Ha ha, that coming from a sadistic person like you.
Whatever.

"5 players remaining," it said through the speakers.

I will get through this! I ran until I came across a strange door. I opened it and went inside. My mouth fell open at the sight in front of me...