9.Emotions

My first day of training was terrible! I suck.

     We tried to work with water because it was supposedly the simpliest to master. Ha yeah right. I couldn't even make snow like I did in the meadow. I did everything I was suppose to I concentrated on nothing but snow. Nothing! I got frustrated and my instructor let me go early.

     I walked to my room all depressed and was going to play with Demon but he wasn't there so I went to take a shower to relax. I threw on a lavender colored dress and left my hair to fall in it's natural loose curls.

     I walked out to my balcony and looked out into the woods. It was getting dark and I could see a little tent and a small campire in the meadow. I wonder who that is.

     I wasn't going to but curiousity got the best of me and I climbed down the tree and walked to the meadow. As I got there I saw Demon and Winter wrestling in the grass and I heard little girl laughter. Baylee.

     "Baylee what are you doing?" I asked her giggling.

     "I'm camping!" She exclaimed excitedly.

     "May I join you? We can have some girl time and make some smores."

     "OK!! I love smores!"

     "Alright I'll go to the kitchen and get some."

     I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some hershey's bars, gram crakers, and marshmallows. I attempted to be sneaky 'cause we hadn't had supper yet but I got caught.

     "Annaliese are you and Baylee about to eat all that sugar before dinner??"

     I turned around and I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

     "Noooooo........."

     "Hm. You two may have one each but after come in and eat supper. Then you may eat as many smores as you want."

    "Yes sir." I said and saluted him. He laughed.

     I ran back to Baylee and told her the news. She was sad at first but I cheered her up easily. After eating our smores we raced each other to the castle. I let her win again.

     We ended up eating hamburgers with some french fries. The best I've ever had! I'm really starting to like this place.

     We were sitting around the fire roasting marshmallows when Alex and Xander popped up.

     "BOYS!! NO! this is a girls only party leave!" She had her hands balled into little fists on her hips.

     "Alright alright. We just wanted to check and make sure you two are fine or if you needed anything."

     I was trying so hard not to laugh and so were the guys.

     "Bring us some cips and drinks!"

     "What's the magic word...?"

     "Please Alex." She smiled and it's so cute cause she has dimples.

     "OK little one." Alex said and ruffled her hair.

     They flashed out and we decided to make them a smore each to say thank you.

     They arrived back with armfuls of junk food.

     "Look Alex! Annaliese showed me how to make smores. This one I made for you all by myself!"

     "Oh wow. Thank you very much Princess." He bowed to her and took the smore while she giggled.

     "Here Xander. This is yours."

     "Mmm my favorite! Thank you Beautiful."

     This made me smile, "You're welcome."

     "Alright now you two have to leave so us girls can hang out." Baylee told both of them.

     Xander gave me a quick kiss on the lips and Baylee made a face. We laughed and they disappeared. Baylee told me of her favorite things and started talking of the ball and that she wanted a light lavender dress like the color of the one I had on.

     Around midnight she asked me about my training and I told her about my failure.

     "I think I have an idea of why you couldn't. We have to clear our minds in order to focus on our power and what we want it to do."

     "That's what I did."

     "There are rumors of Elementals using their emotions to control their powers. When you made it snow what were thinking of?"

     "I was thinking of how happy I was that I had my family."

     "Here let's try something." She dragged me to the fire and we stood in front of it. "Make the fire grow."

     "But I'm working on water."

     "Just do it but while you're concentrating think of things that make you angry. Fire strikes me as angry so use anger."

     I nodded my head and concentrated on my anger. At first it didn't work and I was about to give up 'cause I was getting frustrated but then the fire suddenly grew brighter and hotter.

     "Annaliese you did it!" 

     "Baylee thank you soo much!" I picked her up and hugged her tight, "Are you sure you're a 5 year old 'cause you are the smartest one I know."

     "Annaliese I'm getting tired."

     "Alright bed time."

     I laid her down in the tent and then got in next to her and zipped the door closed after I called Demon and Winter in. They went and curled up in between us. Baylee was already out.

     "Goodnight little sister."