Reminder#153

◇بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم◇

" And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed. "
[ Quran 24:31 ]

Right after addressing men regarding the command of hijab, Allah(swt) has ordered women of the ummah to do the hijab..
But Allah(swt) orders us to 'lower your gaze' first when the command of Hijab is given to us, while 'cover yourself' comes later.. Because a single look can say more than a thousand words.. A single and simple eye contact can do wonders..can cause so much fitnah that you can't realize, even if YOUR intentions are pure and clean, do remember Shaitan's intentions are not pure..he is our greatest enemy and he never let go of any opportunity that can mislead any muslim/muslimah..

So the above mentioned verse makes it clear that, Covering yourself properly but staring at the brothers and checking them out is Not Hijab, even on Social Media... so even if you are properly covered, keep those eyes down .. conduct yourself with haya and avoid fitnah.. better to stay safe than to be sorry later. :)