Chapter 14

Stormclaw woke up to see a starry forest. It was filled with so many scents, he thought his head was whirling. In front of him, a starry white and black pawed cat appeared. "Who are you?!"
"I am Fang.." The tom replied.
Stormclaw tipped his head to one side in confusion. "What are you-"
The tom flicked his tail. "Come." He padded forward. The ViperClan warrior reluctantly followed behind. They then stopped at a thick bright light. "Stormclaw? Do you know what this is?" Fang asked him
He shook his head in response to his question and meowed, "What is this..?" He stared on.
"This is the border between StarClan and the Dark Forest.." He mewed.
The black and white warrior stared in complete awe. "The border..?"
Fang nodded his head, as suddenly they stood in the dank forest to see two cats training with each other. The tom blinked. He saw that it was Crowwing and Slatepaw of AshClan.
The ViperClan warrior stared on. Just what was Fang telling him? Why was he telling him what he was telling him?

He padded up to Fawnheart. "You wanna go hunting?"
"She said she was going hunting with me." A cheery voice mewed. Duskfur padded up to stand beside the fawn pelted she-cat.
"We could go together." Fawnheart suggested.
Brindlefrost, Redflame, Howlingdawn, Larchwhisker, Duskshadow, Finchflight, and Frostgaze padded up. "Wanna go hunting?" Larchwhisker asked.
"Sure!" Stormclaw beamed happily. The tom followed his clanmates.
He and his clanmates together caught, two mice, three rabbits, one frog, and two lizards. They all took the morsels back to camp and some placed them on the freshkill pile, but Larchwhisker, Duskshadow, Howlingdawn and Redflame all took their pieces of prey to the elder's den and the nursery.

Stormclaw looked around;seeing Frostgaze sharing tongues with Fawnheart and the traveler cat, Sunblossom. Deapite the tom looking at all three of the she-cats, his gaze was set all on Frostgaze. Her lovely gray tabby pelt and brilliant blue eyes. He padded off then bumped into Sootwhisker. "Sorry.."
"Sure." Sootwhisker mewed blankly as he shook himself and then padded off. Stormclaw watched him leave. He padded up to Flintclaw and Howlingdawn. "Hey guys." He greeted. "Oh! Hi Stormclaw!" Flintclaw beamed. "You're in a good mood.." The young tom purred.
"I caught a snake today."
"You should have seen how fast he moved!" Howlingdawn commented. "Have any of you noticed that Sootwhisker's acting a bit weird, he has been ever since we became warriors..." Stormclaw mewed.

Sootwhisker padded up to his brother and sister. "Stormclaw.... I have a big job father wishes us both to take part in." He mewed in his ear.
Stormclaw looked at his brother. "Uh..."
"We rule AshClan.."
"What?! Are you mouse-"
"Do you want the whole forest to hear?!" He hissed in her ear.
They padded into a clearing just outside of the camp in order to make sure no cat listened to them speaking. Sootwhisker mewed, "You know between us three we can ensure that the cats of that weakling clan, will be well looked after."
"Being your brother, I can see that there's something flawed in you." Stormclaw meowed.
"Tcha! Me? Flawed?" The dark gray and white tom scoffed. "I should expect more from you Stormclaw."
"Oh? So you're using father's words on me?" He snarled.
The yellow eyed warrior gave a snort. "I'm content to do what I have to any way I can to make sure dad approves of us," He sneered. "Mostly you, considering not only do you act like half of a warrior of ViperClan, you fight like one too."
Stormclaw's talons slowly began to flex with fury. "I'm not angry at you Sootwhisker, I'm disappointed in you." He told him.
"What about you Fawnheart? What do you expect from me? What do you think of how I could be any different?" He asked looking to his sister who hadn't said a thing the whole time.
"Being your sister may mean something to me more than anything," she admitted, looking down at first, then lifting her head so her gaze bore into his. "But your idea scares me. I will not be involved."
Sootwhisker's fur lied flat. "Dually noted.." He rumbled as the tom then padded back to the WolfClan and ViperClan camp.