Chapter 12

Whitestar looked to her deputy. "How did this happen Dawnreed?"
"They both died bravely. Both with honorably and as strong as our ancestors. Both struck down by cobra-hearted AshClan cats..."
"We've been had this moment, but no more.." The dark green eyed she-cat meowed solemnly.
Onestar stepped up to stand by his mate Whitemane, who nuzzled him affectionately. "She's right. Never again will this occur, but first, we all must mourn their lost lives, and give thanks to StarClan for them."

It was Moonhigh as the rest of the cats gave their thanks to their ancestors for the life of their two great warriors. Warriors Scratchpelt, Nightheart, and Bloodfur, all crouched around Mossclaw. They had known him for so long, so they wouldn't just say a few words to his body and pad away surely. Ryenose and Windflower lowered themselves on their bellies next to each other right in front of Lostbird.
"All of this death..." Mothshine rasped to Dustytail and Jadepelt along with the other elders. "It's a shame it is."
"Yellowshadow's gone..." Flameshadow mrowed sadly, almost as if it happened yesterday and not some moons ago. "StarClan has Lostbird and Mossclaw now.." Jadepelt mewed.
"Yes.." Littlerise rasped in agreement, his black and white pelt neat but patched and clumpy as he stared outside the elder's den.

Tigerclaw looked to see the kits running around and playing outside the den as Stormpaw sat, getting a scratch treated. "StarClan knows that those younglings will grow into fine warriors. Maybe even medicine cats or deputies." The tabby meowed.
The ViperClan apprentice saw Ashwhisker's three kits, Sorrelkit, Elmkit, and Smallkit. He looked to the nursery to see Aleix grooming herself. Her kits were due at any moment. His eyes looked to see Sootpaw eating a mouse, Crowpaw doing battle training with Ravenwing, Frostpaw training with Dawnreed, and Minnowpaw training with WolfClan's other warrior Rainfrost. Then some WolfClan cats left for patrols.
"May all cats old enough to withstand a snakebite, join beneath for a clan meeting!" Whitestar yowled as she stood on top of the snake rock beside Onestar at the center of all of the camp. "The time has come to make three apprentices WolfClan warriors!" The amber eyed tom mewed.
"Minnowpaw! Larchpaw! Please step forward." He mewed.
"Crowpaw. Minnowpaw. Larchpaw. Do you two promise to uphold the warrior code? Defend your clan from everykit to every elder, even at the cost of your own lives?" Onestar asked.
"I do." Crowpaw replied.
"I do!" Larchpaw yowled happily.
"I do!" Minnowpaw yowled happily as well with her sister.
"I Onestar, leader of WolfClan, give you cats your warrior names. Minnowheart, Crowwing and Larchwhisker!"
"Minnowheart! Crowwing Larchwhisker! Minnowheart! Crowwing! Larchwhisker!"
Whitestar dipped her head to her comrade and cleared her throat to speak. "The battle against AshClan was fought by true ViperClan warriors."
"Fawnpaw, Stormpaw, Sootpaw, Finchpaw, and Frostpaw," The dark green eyed she-cat mewed. "Do you all promise to uphold the warrior code? Defend your clan from everykit to every elder even at the cost of your own lives?"
They all said their I do's to her.
"Then I, Whitestar, leader of ViperClan, give you your warrior names. Stormclaw. Fawnheart. Sootwhisker. Finchflight and Frostgaze!" She yowled.
The cats of both clans called their warrior names.