Chapter 17

"We have a deal. Lets go Shortfur, we better be heading back." Badgerfang meowed.
"Us too." Flamepelt put in as she and her brother bounded away in the rain. Shortfur and Badgerfang did the same. "Are you mouse-brained?!" Stormclaw yowled.
"Two things I must ask you brother of mine. One, do you want the whole forest to hear you, and two.. What do you mean by that?" Sootwhisker asked. "I'm not doing it! I'm not helping you in being leader of ViperClan or driving out WolfClan if you succeed," Stromclaw declared. "In fact, you won't succeed because I'll.. I'll-" He was suddenly stopped by humors mrows of laughter from his younger brother. "You'll what? Try and stop me?" He asked. "Oh trust me Storclaw, I wouldn't want to do that if I were you.." He snarled.
"Give me a good reason why!" Stormclaw demanded in a sneer, a growl of angry rumbling in his throat. "Lets just say Frostgaze will be in.. Big trouble." Sootwhisker replied.
At that moment, Stormclaw froze. He said nothing else. Why wasn't he saying anything? It was as if stones were in his throat;he heard Sootwhsiker give a devious purr of satisfaction. Just what was so satisfying to him about this?
"I'm not hearing an asnweerr.." Sootwhisker meowed in a sing-song-tone.
"Fine... I'll help." Stormclaw rumbled bitterly.
Sootwhisker slowly nodded his head. "Good brother.. Good.."

They had returned to camp. Stormclaw's pace was slow. Frostgaze bounded forward. "Stormclaw!" She chriped as she ran towards him, not knowing she had pressed herself into the crane of his neck, and backed up awkwardly. "Are you okay?" She asked. Stromclaw nodded. "I'm fine." He told her.
"Are you sur-"
"I swear I'm fine." He mewed as he then padded off to go chat with Howlingdawn, his tail dragging behind him in sadness. He couldn't tell her why he was sad. He couldn't tell her that he was joining his brother in an evil plot.
Finchflight saw Sootwhisker. "Hi Sootwhisker." She purred.
"Hello." He meowed blankly to the pale blue/gray she-cat.
She nuzzled him. "Sooo Sootwhisker.. Wanna go hunting?" She asked him. "Sure." Sootwhisker replied as the two padded away.