Chapter 22

Onestar leaped up. "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, join beneath for a clan meeting!" He yowled out.
The WolfClan warriors all gathered around.
"Today is the day that I make Mudkit and Badgerkit apprentices." He meowed.
The tan mottled she-kit stepped forward
"Mudkit from this day forward until you receive your name, you are to be known as Mudpaw." He meowed. The white and ginger tom looked to the cat next to him. "Hollyflight, I feel now is the time you are to take on an apprentice. You will mentor Mudpaw." He told the amber eyed she-cat.
The two of them touched noses. "Mudpaw! Mudpaw!" The WolfClan warriors chanted, Darkshadow and Lillytail chanting louder than the others.
Onetsra waited until the WolfClan warriors were silent. "Badgerkit please step forward." He mewed.
The young kit bounded forward;beaming with glee, tail twitching with anticipation.
"Badgerkit from this day forward until you receive your name, you are to be known as Badgerpaw." He meowed. The white and ginger tom looked down at the crowd of warriors, he had been thinking of potential mentors for a while. "Lizardstep. You will mentor Badgerpaw." He told the stubby tailed tom.
The two of them touched noses. "Badgerpaw! Badgerpaw!" The WolfClan warriors chanted, Darkshadow and Lillytail chanting louder than the others once more.

Stormclaw saw them leave with their mentors for a tour around the border. He got a frog from the fresh-kill pile and began to eat. He saw Howlingdawn play fighting with Elmkit, one of Ashwhisker's kits.
He then padded away to go sit by himself as he flopped on his side in a sigh.
"Hi Stormclaw." A kind voice mewed. The tom looked. "Hi Clearcloud.." He mewed to the white pelted she-cat. "You seem down there.." She mewed. The black and white tom sighed. "I feel I'm in a tight spot. I'm worried about Sootwhisker because he might still hurt Frostagze." The tom mewed.
"Well, you got claws on your four paws and fangs in your muzzle don't you?" She asked him.
Stormclaw began to look confused. But then it hit him. "You're telling me to-"
Clearcloud rolled her eyes. "That's up to you... Since you're so worries about that Frostgaze of yours, protect her like a queen does with her kits. With the mettle of all of StarClan." She mrowed to the tom firmly.