Take Two: "Under the Rain"

Here's #SoulmatesMaybeTWO! Enjoy! 

For all the pluviophile out there just like me.

(tweet me your reactions and/or suggestions on @tisoyrichardsjr)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicomaine

I have been on my laptop for almost 30 minutes now, downloading new songs and new movies since my shoot for this morning got canceled because of the bad weather outside. It's raining again, just like it was yesterday, but as I look at it through my window, there's something different, today's rain seems to be a bit subtle than compared to yesterday, it's like a peaceful drizzle. It's beautiful. I have always loved the rain, the droplets against my window pane, the sound of each water beads as it hits the roof, it's like the heaven is washing all the sins of the world, roads are cleared of people, trees are swaying, every thing is sparkling, every thing is rinsed from all the bad shits of the daylight, the whole manner of it has always baffled me.

At the left side of my table, near my laptop, was a mug of coffee. I grabbed it and took a few sips, and then I look outside again, there's something so good in today's rain, I can feel it. Then my phone vibrates all of a sudden, and RJ's name and face flashes on the screen, I stared at his photo for awhile, he's wearing his fave plain white v-neck shirt, on the photo he's on the steering wheel, I smiled as I remembered the day I took this photo of him. It was an ordinary day, we just had an amazing brunch and were on our way to the Broadway Studio, we're on his car and out of nowhere I called out his name and as he looked my way I snapped my phone's camera, his face was so cute, he got surprised and I laughed at him.

"Nasaan ka?"

"Condo lang. Bakit?"

"Puntahan kita."

"Okay. Dala ka Laksa please."

"Yes po, babe. Be there in 45 minutes."

"Thanks. I love you. Bilis na."

"I love you too. Mag drive na ko. See you."

Admiring the rain outside, I waited for him. I have just finished my coffee when I heard knocking on my door and I knew my faves are here. I opened the door and immediately I saw him, he was wearing his fave hoodie, the red one with the picture of a crown in its front, he was holding two plastic bags, and they both smelled laksa, it's our favorite food actually, especially on rainy days like this. And this guy, he's my fave person in the world and I love him and all the little and big things he does for me, just like this one.

We get inside and he fixes our food on the table, I sat and watch him go around my kitchen, yes my kitchen yet he's been going here for three years now he knows where everything goes, and not just in the kitchen, he knows this whole place. All the rooms, the corners, the walls, and all the memories, I sometimes think he knows it too well, or he knows me to well? I remember him saying that this condo is like his second home because it's where I am, and that wherever I am that's where his home is.

"Kainan na!"

"Luhh excited sya."

"Syempre fave ko to eh, tsaka ikaw, fave ko din."

"Bola, RJ."

He really is the cheesiest person in the world. But he gets me with these lines though, he gets me every damn time. He's like the most hopeless romantic person there is and that's the best thing about him.