Take Nine: Coffee and Songs

To everyone who wanted the next update, here it is. I hope you enjoy this one as much as you enjoyed Take Eight.

Happy reading everyJuan!

PS: Dedicated to all who commented on the last chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote after reading. And from my heart, I sincerely say thank you for the reads. - Author

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicomaine

"Di ka pwedeng mawala sakin. Hindi pwede.

...kanino ba ko dapat humiling para maging okay na ang lahat?

Ang sakit, sakit na."

I paused the video right after that last sentence.

Every word, crushes my insides. I don't' even know him. I can't even remember that he existed in my life. Yet here I am, crying uncontrollably along with his video. I can't remember how many times he stopped to palm his face and sobbed for a while, he was pausing for deep breaths too, but he always kept his stare on the camera, which made it even harder not to cry with him.

He was hurting. He was hurting deeply.

Ramdam ko yung hapdi, yung hapdi na parang sa sobrang sakit eh mag mamanhid ka na lang.

His eyes show how badly he was cut. His eyes were red, yet tired, very tired and his eyes were mourning at the same time, showing an overwhelming sadness.

Ang bigat sa dibdib makita siyang ganyan. Di na rin ako makahinga sa sobrang iyak.

I can't help asking myself, why is it that I am so affected? Why am I so sad seeing him in tears? What is this effect that he has on me? I still don't feel that I do know him. I still can't place him inside my memories but one thing is for sure, my heart gets him, in a way that my heart, only my heart could comprehend.

Because these tears, they didn't come from up there in my brain but I felt it here, close to where I am breathing.

RJ

It's been an hour since I woke up. And I haven't moved an inch away from my bed since then. I kept thinking about Nicomaine, and the box I gave her.

Did she read the letters already?

Did she listen to the songs? What about the photos?

...and the video?

I sigh deeply. I know she won't literally remember me even after I gave her all those memories but I am just hoping she'd understand. I am hoping she would realize that she means too much to me for me to just give up what we have.

I don't expect her to fall for me right after reading our letters and seeing our photos.

I just hope she'd see how much I am willing to give just for her to understand that I do love her.

That I do love her, in the most sincere way possible.

*phone beeps*

Time: 8:41 AM

Message From: Unknown Number

To: Richard Faulkerson Jr

Hi. Good morning :) Pwede ba tayong magkita?

PS: This is Nicomaine Mendoza btw. Sorry sa istorbo. Haha.

I almost jumped out of bed after reading the last sentence of the text message.