Take Sixteen: The Last One

Dedicated to all!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight months later...

Nicomaine

Fourteen hours left...and I can't help but wonder.

Almost a year ago, everything in my life was blurry. Everything was in disarray, and to be honest I never thought I'd ever get to the point where I can put it all back together again. But here I am today, at the moment where everything is finally falling into place, where all the questions are being answered, and where all what ifs will soon fade and become what is.

Should I consider myself that lucky? After everything. After the amnesia and after his accident. I guess when someone's really supposed to be in your life, no matter how far they would get lost, the world will still find a way to pull them back to you, maybe it's gravity but most of them call it love.

"Ano iniisip mo dyan? Ha?" I heard him from my back. I can feel him inching closer with his slow and faint footsteps. And then I felt arms wrapping around me, warm arms, and then his chin touches my right shoulder, he stays there as I turn my head and look at his face.

His brown eyes looks so happy and so alive. His white chubby cheeks makes me so gigil, makes me want pinch it over and over and over again plus his dimple is showing, so hard to restrain myself in these situations though.

"Why are you here? Ha?"

"Because I miss you po." He replies back.

"But we're supposed to meet downstairs in an hour di baaa? Clingy mo talaga."

"Sorry na. Baka kasi mauntog ka dito, tapos makalimutan mo na naman ako. Tapos magkaloko loko ulet, naku mahirap na, lalo na bukas..."

"Ay? Sira ulo ka no?"

"Kaya nga may dala ako nito oh..." He then shows me a huge black paper bag with a ribbon on it. I grabbed and opened it.

"Corny mo, sobrang corny.." I told him as I throw him back the helmet that was inside the bag.

"Uy regalo ko to sayooo..hahahaha" He laughs as he tries the stupid helmet.

And I just stare at him and I can't believe, it all turned out okay.

RJ

We all feel pain. We all suffer the realities of our own little worlds. We all struggle in love. But the point is not to avoid these things but to get pass through it, to overcome it all and see the good after all the bad. Because whether you actually believe it or not, and whether it is getting too cliché already, there's always a light after the tunnel.

I remember this quote from the great Bob Marley, and it goes something like "Love always hurts, you just got to find the one that's worth all the pain." So the struggle in love is really not to get your heart not broken again but to find that one person, that one single soul in the entire universe, that's worth every piece if you broke your heart. And when you find that person, you give up the thought of letting them go, and you just fight to make them stay, fight with all of your heart, fight with all of your being. You don't let them find a reason for them to let you go. Because without them, without her, life will simply become futile.

Sabi nila, himala daw yung nangyari sakin, parang narinig ko na yan ah? Ganyan din sabi nila noon nung naaksidente si Nicomaine. So paano kung himala nga yung mga aksidente namin? Ano bang meron at buhay pa rin kami? Minsan naisip ko, na kaya binuhay ng Diyos si Nicomaine noon ay dahil sakin, at kaya siguro ako binuhay din ng Diyos ay dahil din sa kanya, ang lakas naman naming kay Lord pag nagka ganun di ba?