Take Fourteen : After Everything (1)

Here's #TakeFourteen --- Part 1! Yes TWO parts ang Chapter fourteen so abangan ang part two next week! Sorry if medyo delay ang update, daming school stuff eh. Hahaha. But anyway enjoy guys! Happy Weekend!

Dedicated to everyone that read the last chapter!

Don't forget to vote/comment after reading. Thanks Guys! God Bless :)))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kung mahal mo, bakit mo pinakawalan? Kung mahalaga siya sa buhay mo, bakit ka lumayo? Kung di mo kayang mawala siya, bakit ka sumuko? Ano hinihintay mo? Hanggang may oras pa para habulin siya. Hanggang may daan pa pabalik sa kanya. Hanggang kaya pa ng hininga mo, na mga paa mo, takbo. Habulin mo siya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RJ

I was twenty minutes away from the Broadway Studio. Alone in the car, listening to the radio and trying not to be distracted by the fact that today, I get to see her again. I get to see her again almost four months after our break up.

What am I supposed to say when I see her? What am I supposed to do when we get together in the same room again? After everything that has happened with us, tell me what should I be feeling right now? Because I sure as hell don't have any clue what to expect today. And it makes me nervous as shit.

I shut off the car's engine now. I looked around me. Still the same old parking lot I used to know. I got out the car and walked past the front stairs, as I was walking up I got to reminisce the old times, the KalyeSerye days of ALDUB, my Eat Bulaga days, but those are in the past now. I have long been gone from EB, from one of my best homes, the move was half career motivated and half personal but regardless of the outfall, almost all the hosts and the crews are still my friends. Some I even consider as family and has remained in contact with me even after leaving the show.

I miss this building.

I miss this studio.

I miss the people here.

I miss our good old days just as I miss her.

This is where it all started. This is where our story began.

Somehow everything felt nostalgic.

I was walking inside when I heard noises coming right out of the EB studio. I walked towards the noise and that's when I saw them. All of them. So many familiar faces. Everyone's smiling, waving, shouting at me trying to find out how I'm doing now, it all felt so warm. And God I have never felt like this for a long time now. I'm glad I came.

Nicomaine

It took me almost an hour just trying to figure out what I'm going to wear today. Today is sort of a big day for me and for Eat Bulaga as well, it's their 45th Anniversary and everyone from the past, the people they once worked with and the people that was once part of the show are all coming back to be part of the celebration.

There's a lunch party at EB today. A very big lunch party. And I heard so many guests were coming. And I also heard he was coming. After a long time, I'll get to see him again. I felt anxious knowing that possibility. What would happen now?

But that's not what I'm really really nervous about.

That's not it.

It's even bigger than all of this.

RJ

So the event has started almost thirty minutes ago and still there's no sign of her anywhere I look. I guess she wasn't coming. I mean with me being here, and after everything that has happened between us, I guess it is really the easiest choice. Avoiding all these people, their judgement and reactions when they both see us in here, in this same studio again, I guess really that is the easiest choice for any of us.

But then she proves me wrong again.

Everybody was lining up towards the Broadway back entrance now. There was loud chatters everywhere. I see most of the ongoing hosts of EB crowding up. They all look excited and giddy.

But why is that? I mean Maine is practically still in the show. Every day they see her yet here they are, I mean even the crews are eager to see get the first glimpse of her.

Few more minutes, silence spreads across the room, the crown slowly disperses right between my eyes. And across the room, there she was. Standing. Smiling. Waving to anyone she sees. She felt like the old Nicomaine, that I know. Warm towards the whole EB family. Warm towards the crowd. Warms towards her old world.

She then sees me. I stopped and stood up. And I smiled at her.

I haven't smiled at her for quite a long time now. It felt nice. It felt good.

Nicomaine

They gave me the microphone now. I grabbed it with both my hands. I stood there for a while. Scanning the whole studio, trying to see the faces I have gotten familiar with ever since I came back from my accident. I see them all. Direk Pat, Ate Pauleen, Tita Ruby, Kuya Ryan, Tito Joey, Bossing and so many more names that would take me a long time to say. I see all my friends. I see him. And it breaks my heart that I have to do this.

"Hi, magandang tanghali pala sa inyo! Kamusta? Parang busog na busog tayo ah? Hahaha..Ah sa mga nakalimot pala..parang ako yata yun ah..hahaha pero di nga sa mga di nakakakilala po sa babaeng itong nasa harapan nyo ngayon, ako nga pala si Maine Mendoza. Siguro nagtataka ang marami sa inyo kung bakit parang may privilege speech ako ngayon..well..may sasabihan lang naman ako.. uhmmm...kahit na di ko na maalala yung mga unang taon ko dito sa show na to, at kahit na tintuturing ko ang sarili ko na baguhan pa lang man dahil sa nakalimutan ko nga tong parte ng buhay ko, pinakita nyo sakin na walang bagay na nakakalimutan hanggang di nawawala ang pag mamahal mo sa bagay na ito. Ramdam ko na mahal nyo ko, ramdam ko ang pagaalalaga nyo sakin. Ramdam ko ang lahat ng bagay na pinaghirapan nyong gawin para lang mag adjust sa kalagayan ko. Ramdam na ramdam ko kayo. Di ko man maalala, nararamdaman ko....

...at kahit na saglit pa lang na oras tayong nagsasama sama dito, ay naging mahalagang parte na kayo ulit ng buhay ko sa ngayon, at masakit sakin na sabihin sa inyo ito....

....pero aalis muna ako ng pansamantala sa programang ito, sa buong mundo showbiz, dahil gusto ko munang mas mainitindihan ang sarili ko na nawala. Kailangan ko lang munang mag isip. Kailangan ko lang munang huminga. Maraming salamat sa lahat! Mamimiss ko kayo...kita kits na lang sa daan daan.."

After few minutes, my dad was signalling me that it was time to leave. I looked at my watch. My flight is scheduled to leave in two hours and yes, I need to go now.

I smiled and waved at all of them. But I didn't dare to look back at him.

I just turned away towards the exit.

RJ

I got struck by her goodbye message. Everything she said hit me in so many ways. Was she really referring to EB or to me? To us?

"Di ko man maalala, nararamdaman ko.."

Everybody was crowding towards the back exit again. I can no longer see her. Most of the dabarkads host were busy chatting, trying to go after Maine to say their farewells, but there was one that wasn't attending to Maine at that moment, rather he was looking at me. Looking at me so intensely. He was trying to tell me something.

And then he throws his car keys at me.

I caught it.

"Habulin mo na!"

Bossing shouted over the noise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#TakeFourteen(2) #Soon