Take One: "Ice Cream and Oreos"

Simulan na natin ang forever? Enjoy everyone! :)

-for more updates follow @tisoyrichardsjr on twitter | #SoulmatesMaybeONE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RJ

It's an ordinary Friday night. And I just got off from a 4-hour photo shoot and was a bit tired when I read Nicomaine's text.

FROM: Nicomaine <3

TIME:10:32 PM

Hey baby, I'm hungry. I want ice cream and pizza. And you. Hahaha.

Are you done with the shoot na? Miss you.

She always gets me with this simple messages of her. She's so genuine, something I have always admired about her. I immediately replied back.

TO: Nicomaine <3

Baby, anong flavor ng ice cream?

Thinking of seeing her after a long day makes me so happy. I missed her. So I got in to my car and drove to her apartment. It was literally 12:25 in the morning. On my way, I stopped by a 24-hour convenient store, I bought cookies and cream flavored ice cream and some oreos. I got to her apartment around 1 AM. I was there standing outside her door with the ice cream and the oreos, I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

"Babe"

"RJ? Bakit ka tumawag?"

"Tulog ka na ba? Nagising ba kita?"

"Matutulog pa lang, kakapikit pa lang ng mata ko eh. Hahaha."

"Ah okay, but I have ice cream babe."

"Tatawag ka tapos mang-iingit ka? Sira ulo. I hate you. Kanina pa ko nag cra-crave nyan eh."

"Awwww, you want ice cream baby? Hahaha."

"Ibababa ko na tong phone, ewan ko sayo. Bad ka. Haha. Hoy inom ka maraming tubig after mong kumain ha."

"Labas ka."

"Ha?"

"Labas ka po"

After a few minutes, her door opens, and I saw her standing on the other side. She was still holding her phone up in her ear, and I can tell she was trying hard not to smile as she sees me outside her apartment, with her lips pressed together yet her dimple is showing, her faced was getting light pink in color as she stares hard on me. I smile at her reaction, she looks so cute when she gets surprised and that's why I love surprising her. I could look at her forever. I'm just so in love with her, her face, her smile and all her reactions. I'm standing right there, just thinking I'm going to marry this woman someday, I will, because I just can't see myself not marrying her. I know, she's the one. And the world knows it too. In five years maybe? The thought made me smile.

I put down my phone and she leaps on me and hugs me. She hugged me so tight, wrapping her legs around my waist like a baby. She almost made us fall on the floor outside her apartment.To be honest, she's a little heavy but I don't mind at all, I could carry her all my life and she could hug me all my life too.

We got inside, I put down the bag of foods on her kitchen counter, and she immediately went through the bag, and scanned what I brought. Her face lightens up and she gave me a cute smile as she pulls out the oreos out of the bag.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." she tells me as she opens the first pack of oreos. I smiled at her, moved in closer and now we're face to face, I put my forehead against hers, she's still busy with opening her oreos when I pouted, looking at her.

"Baby, penge ako?" I said as she looks up from her oreos.

"Why are you pouting, Faulkerson?" She answered, raising one of her eyebrows.

"I love you" as I bite the oreo cookie that she was holding up in her hand. And then I blinked playfully.

"Inaano ka ba ha, RJ? She backs away from me a little, and while smiling, crosses her arms.

"Wala naman." I smiled again, avoiding her stare and pulled out the ice cream from the plastic bag. And then I turn around to look for spoons, I found them beside the microwave oven, I got two, but when I got around again Nicomaine was already in front of me, she was so close to my face, with our nose almost touching. She was smiling, a very teasing kind of smile. And then out of nowhere she presses her hand, which was covered with ice cream, all over my face, and then she runs away to the living room.

I followed her to the living room with the ice cream in my hand. I found her laughing so hard on the couch that she was almost fighting for breath. She's so happy. I love it when I make her happy, even if it means that I have to be covered with ice cream all over my face. Anything for her. She knows that. But she also knows that I'm not going down without a fight. So I moved in next to her in the couch, and I pressed my hand which was covered with ice cream too, against her face. She stopped laughing, and then we stared at each other for awhile, kind of teasing each other, our hands, both wrapped in cookies and cream flavored ice cream. Then after a minute, she started running across the room and I ran after her, she was laughing, trying to get away from me and the ice cream that I was holding.

"Lumayo ka sakin, panget."

"Di ba gusto mo ice cream babe?"

"Ayaw ko na."

"Fave mo to, di ba?"

"Shut up"

She kept running for another minute but I finally caught her, I grabbed her by the waist and painted her face again with ice cream, she pushes me away and grabbed the ice cream from my hand. Now Nicomaine shoots a mischievous look towards me, and grabs almost half of the ice cream from the container and throws it to me. We both paused for a while, I looked at my reflection against her tv, I was like a walking Snow Man, I stare back at Nicomaine, and then all of a sudden, we both started laughing. We laughed so hard, Nicomaine was on the floor, she was almost out of breath, glancing at me from time to time, I was laughing too, because of my face and her laugh, her laugh is really contagious.

It took us a minute or so, to get back to reality and finally stop laughing. I helped Nicomaine get to her feet, we both sat down at the couch, and I looked at her, still trying to catch my own breath, I leaned in and kissed her in the forehead.

"Sayang yung ice cream." I laughed lightly looking at her.

"I love you too." She whispers and grabs the spoon from the table, she then scoops a mouthful of ice cream, she smiles and held the spoon in front of my face, motioning for me to eat the ice cream and I did. I then grabbed my handkerchief from my back pocket, I started cleaning her face, her forehead, her nose, her eyes, her cheeks, and then her lips. She was finishing off the ice cream, she was so peaceful eating her favorite ice cream. I stood up, grabbed the oreos from the kitchen counter and went back to the couch. I opened one pack of oreos, gave it to Nicomaine, and then opened another one for me. I looked up, and Nicomaine was already staring, with her pack of oreos on one hand and ice cream on the other, she was smiling again, and I smiled back.

"Soulmate ba kita?" She asked.

"I love you too." I replied.