Take Eleven: White Roses

Here's #TakeEleven everyJuan! Enjoy reading and happy weekend guys :)))

Dedicated to all the families of the victims of the Davao Blast. #StayStrongDavao (Say a prayer for them before reading the chapter. Thank you. Stay safe.)

Dedicated also to the cast and crew of KalyeSerye....hihintayin namin ang pagbabalik nyo.

And dedicated to all the avid readers of Soulmates Maybe.

(Don't forget to comment and/or vote for the chapter)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RJ

I fixed my tie again, I looked down my shoes, puffed up my chest and I exhale deeply. I stood up from my chair and I wandered my eyes around. The place was full of lights, sparkling lights, and flowers, well roses to be exact, everywhere you look there were either lights or roses. The place was sparkling, the air felt warm tonight, the place looks like a fairy tale come true and I have never been this nervous.

I am really fucking nervous.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I looked at my watch now. It says 8:07.

Seven minutes...where is she?

I looked down at the table in front of me. Candles. Glasses with wine in it. Salad. Steak. And a bouquet of white roses on my side of the table.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I looked around again, she still isn't here.

What if she decided not to come?

What if something happened?

What if...

...but then I heard a car pull up in front of where I was standing.

No more what ifs...she is already here.

I looked up and that's when I saw her. She was walking towards me. Then everything around me now went blur except Nicomaine. God she was so beautiful. She was wearing this simple blue dress, and her plain white sneakers.

I felt my throat suddenly closing up.

I felt my heart getting really heavy.

But my eyes, it's glued to her, she's getting closer now.

Just a few more steps.

"Huy..namumutla ka." She told me as soon as she reached the table.

"Haaa?"

"Mukha ba kong multo sa suot ko?"

"Hindi. You look beautiful.....Very beautiful, Nicomaine"

"Thank you." She flashes a smile.

Nicomaine

We're both staring at each other now. We had just finished our dinner and small talks. He then smiles at me with his cute dimple, and so I smiled back.

"Kamusta na yung mga sulat na binabasa mo?"

"Ahh okay lang, di pa ko nangangalahati eh, dami kasi."

"Take your time. No rush naman yun eh. Di naman na basa?"

"Hindi na, na itago ko naman ng mabuti eh."

And then we both laughed.

RJ

Then the band I hired started playing. They were playing Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx. It was halfway through the first verse of the song when I stood up and reached for her hand.

"Can I have this dance?" I said as I look her in the eyes.

There was no answer. She just grabbed my hand and stood up too.

Slowly, we were finally dancing.

Finally dancing again together.

I was finally dancing with her again.

Our bodies are finally this close. I can hear her breathing. I can hear her hair brushing off her shoulder. I looked deep into her eyes. She looks right back at me. And then I looked at her nose, her cheeks, and then her lips. I wanted to kiss it. I wanted to kiss her.

But I don't know if it's a good idea though. How will she take it? Will she kiss back? So many thoughts running inside my head now. But damn it, I want to kiss her.

And so I did it. I closed my eyes and planted a kiss on her lips. I felt her warm lips against mine once more. My heart is beating so fast. I miss this kiss. Our kiss.

I started deepening the kiss when she pulled away. She pulled away fast. I then looked at her and she looks startled. And I swear I was goddamn scared.

"Sorry..I just wanted to..."

"I can't do this.."

Hearing those words from her made me a little dizzy.

"What? Anong ibig sabihin mo?"

"..this..whatever we are doing..I can't do this anymore.."

"Di kita maintindihan, Nicomaine. If nabastos kita sa halik, I am sorry, I slipped and it won't happen again"

"No...I can't do this...I can't be your girlfriend or you can't be my boyfriend...I don't even know you.."

"Kaya nga may mga letters di ba..may videos..may photos..para maalala mo"

"..pero di ko pa rin naalala..wala pa rin"

It's getting harder to breathe again.

"..alam ko naman dito minamadali to..give it time..malay mo.."

"..gusto kong maalala, Rj..pero the fact still remains..I don't know who you are in my life..."

"..wag ka munang sumuko.."

"..I'm sorry.."

And then I stared at her as she runs away.

The band was still playing.

Standing alone, I looked back at the table and I saw....

....the white roses were still there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#TakeTwelve #Soon