Chapter 6

(Picture of Gabe)

(Picture of Gabe)

Author's note: So far 31 people!! 😊 I can't thank you all enough. Also I'd like to know what are your thoughts about this new character.
---------------------------------------------------------

Charlie pressed his lips onto mine, the were soft and sweet from the ice cream we had earlier. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in closer. Meanwhile Charlie put his arm around my waist.

"Charlie? Is that you?" smirked a guy that looked about Charlie's age.

I quickly moved away from Charlie's face and stared at the guy. He had blue eyes, and dark hair. I looked back at Charlie confused as hell, waiting for what he was going to say next.

"Gabe." said Charlie with hatred filling his blue eyes. He jumped off of the rock and walked over to Gabe, whoever the hell he was.

Gabe turned to me and smiled.

"Well, who's this?" he said, reckoning to Charlie. Gabe stared at me from head to toe and had the same smirk on his face when he first saw Charlie and I.

I managed to jump off of the rock and walked over to Gabe. "The name's Allison."

Charlie noticed my hard, cold stare that darted towards Gabe, and walked over to me.

"Allison, that's my older brother... Gabriel." said Charlie. He looked over at Gabriel with a look of disgust. I was shocked Charlie had a brother, he never seemed to mention it before.

Charlie grabbed my hand, like he was almost protective of me, and started heading back to our street, through the trail. Charlie's grip tightened as Gabriel tried to catch up to us. Suddenly, my hand was being held so tight I cried out in pain.

"Charlie! Stop! It hurts!" I yelped.

Charlie let go almost immediately, but Gabriel came at him and shoved him, making Charlie stumble.

"What the hell is your problem?" shouted Gabriel.

I stood up and began to run home. I didn't want to look at either Charlie nor Gabriel. It was such a stupid decision to hang out with Charlie because I knew this was gonna happen, well at least everything before Gabriel showed up. I wondered if he was going to show at the highschool tomorrow. Reguardless, I finally could see my house after few minutes of running. I heard someone yell behind me. It was Gabriel.

"Allison, wait!"

I stood at the entrance of the woods and waited about a minute before Gabriel caught up and gasped for air.

"Look, we got off on the wrong foot. I know Charlie is going to tell you how bad I am, and how I'm a monster because Charlie doesn't have the balls to do anything" he said.

I quickly chuckled and stared into Gabriel's eyes. I was expecting him to smirk, but instead he gave me a gentle smile. I wondered what he did to make Charlie so pissed off whenever he was around him.

"But just give me a chance. I don't need Charlie to bitch about me and change your mind before we had about proper chance to meet.

I could tell Gabriel was trying . Him and Charlie both pleaded with their eyes in a way that you couldn't possibly say no.

"Fine. Well talk tomorrow, deal?"

A smiled curled on Gabriel's face after I spoke.

"Um... let me walk you home. It's getting dark out." he said.

I was about to walk when I remembered - Charlie was still in the woods.

"Wait.. what about Charlie?" I asked with a slight panic in my voice.

"Oh he'll be fine. He just needs some time to cool off." Gabriel replied.

I still was worried, an my expression must've shown it as well because Gabriel said " I promise. I'll go back after I drop you off home."

After that, we walked home talking about ourselves, which was less narcissistic than it seemed. We also exchanged numbers. Gabriel then talked about how he was the captain of the football team and I talked about my artwork.

"You draw?". Gabriel's eyes lit up.

"Yeah. I'll show you one time." I said, almost surprised he was actually interested in one of my passions.

We finally arrived at my house and as I turned around to say goodbye, Gabriel pressed his lips against mine. I stood there frozen as Gabriel walked away and winked at me.

When I walked in I saw that my mom left me a note in the kitchen. It read that she was went to my Aunt Darla's house and that she'd be back at 10. I quickly ran upstairs to my room and closed the door. I put my fingers on my lips and thought about what had just happened. I was going to text Charlie, but I didn't want to. I was still a little freaked out after he grabbed my hand and nearly squished it half to death.

I went to the bathroom that was attached to my room and looked at my reflection. I had no clue attached to what I was going to do tomorrow.

"Stop kissing people damn it, if Kira finds out your ass is dead. And if Charlie finds out-" I paused before I said anything else to myself. Charlie was going to be Kira's soon anyways, so would it make much a difference if I hung around with Gabriel. I sighed. Suddenly my phone buzzed, it was Charlie. I didn't bother to look at the message, so instead I undressed and stepped into the shower and scrubbed away all the dirt from the woods. I felt so much better. I quickly put on my towel and stepped out of the bathroom. After I changed into my pajamas, I heard something break down stairs. My entire body froze in panic.

"Mom?" I called out praying it was her considering my dad was working the night shift. Then I remembered seeing the note downstairs that my mom left me saying "Went to Darla's house, be back around 10 p.m." I quickly checked my alarm clock that sat on my nightstand, it read 9:03 . My heartbeat raced as I realized there was something was downstairs. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.