Chapter 7

(Picture of Jennifer)

Author's note: Thank you to those that are still reading.
---------------------------------------------------------

I quickly texted Gabriel and told him someone was in my house.

Me: Gabe, someone's in my house. Please tell me Ur home . I need you to come quick . Whoever is in here is coming upstairs. Hurry!

As soon as I sent the text I quickly ran into my closet with Max who was in my room at that time. He was about to bark but I shushed him as the footsteps grew louder and louder. A tear fell from my eyes as I was petrified. Suddenly the person was in my room. His face was covered with a ski mask and was coming at the closet. I screamed so loud Max started yelping. Few seconds after, I saw Gabriel burst into the room and pin the guy on the wall. He began to punch and kick the robber as hard as he could. He punched him so hard, I could've sworn he almost looked like he was about to kill the guy.

I quickly got out of the closet and ran to Gabriel. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight.

"Are you okay? God, when I heard the scream I thought he hurt you." said Gabriel with a relieved face.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Thank you, I was starting to think you weren't coming." I said. I held him even tighter.

" I called the police before I got here, just in case." said Gabriel.

The guy that was about to come at me was still unconcious as the noise of sirens screamed in the distance. All of a sudden, Charlie burst into the room and found Gabriel holding me while there was an unconcious guy on the floor.

"What the fuck happened?" asked Charlie blatantly.

Gabriel let go of me as soon as he heard Charlie's voice.

"Allison texted me because there was an intruder, and I knocked the shit out of him alone because your ass was sitting on a god damned rock bitching for half an hour." shouted Gabriel. I tried really hard not to laugh because I knew they were arguing and I didn't want to be in the middle of it.

The police finally came, so Gabriel explained what happened, meanwhile, Charlie pulled me over to the side.

"Why didn't you text me? I would've ran here within minutes. Allison I care abou-". I cut Charlie off.

"Look... me and you.... we can't happen. I'm sorry it just.. it wouldn't work. Just go. Please." I said. My voice was breaking and I felt few tears trickle down my face. I had no choice , but to let Charlie go. Kira would've been pissed and Jennifer would've made my life a living hell. Charlie's eyes were glassy, and I knew he was so close to crying because his face was turning red. He quickly turned around and left the room. Gabriel passed him and gave me a questionable look.

"Um.. Gabe I think you should go too."
I didn't need any more drama for today.

"But.." he sighed, "okay." He walked over and gave me a quick hug before leaving the room.

My parents came home soon after the police notified them about what had happened.

"Oh Allison, I couldn't imagine what would've happened to you if that guy didnt save-", I cut my mom off , "His name's Gabriel, his family moved into the the old Petersons house." She smiled at the sound of our neighbor being the 'hero' that saved me.

I left her to tell dad about the new-found hero living next to us. The thought of Gabriel and Charlie raced back and forth through my mind. I realized I had feelings for the both of them, but I didn't know what was worse; letting Charlie go out with Kira, or date Gabriel and make Charlie go through hell.

My phone buzzed, I got a text from Kira.

Kira: Omg! Are you ok?? I just heard about what happened .

I was about to tell her Gabriel saved me, but I forgot they never met.

Me: yeah, Charlie's brother helped me.

Kira: he has a broher??? Anyways I talked to him 😊 were going on a date on friday.

My heart sank, as I read the last message. I tried to keep myself calm until I felt the inside of my nose sting and I began to cry. I really didn't want to let Charlie go, let alone see him makeout with Kira in the hallways.

Me: wow, I'm really happy for you. Tell me how it goes.

I suddenly remembered that me and Charlie kissed. I started going crazy thinking about what Kira was going to do if she found out. But if Kira was going on a date with Charlie... that means he didn't tell her. A wave of relief went over me.

...

I tried to fall asleep, but the only thing I managed to do was toss and turn in bed. Then I hopped off my bed, and walked downstairs to the deck. As soon as I stepped outside, I felt the cool air pierce my skin, but it was nice. I turned my head and faced Charlie's house, and sighed whilst remembering all of the crazy shit that happened today. Eventually my eyelids grew heavy so I went back upstairs and fell asleep dreaming of all the possible scenarios that could happen between me and Charlie.