Chapter 17

(Picture of

(Picture of ... 😉)

Authors Note: 550+ reads!! Thank you to everyone who is reading, it means a lot to me. Don't forget to comment and vote!
---------------------------------------------------------

I turned my head and moved away from Gabriel.

"That's why I can't talk to you." he said before going back upstairs.

I quickly made myself a sandwich and went back downstairs. The couch was still a sitting position so I decided to wake up Charlie and make the bed.

"Wake up. We have to make the bed." I whispered as I kissed his forehead.

Charlie groaned and got up and helped me make the bed for the night. When we were done Charlie sprawled himself upon the bed and motioned me to come towards him. I grabbed a blanket and walked over to his tired eyes.

"I love you." he whispered.

I was shocked to hear him say that. I wasn't sure if it was too early to say that, but it was reassuring. It was like the widespread panic of trying not to rush things between us had finally disappeared.

"I...I love you too." I chuckled.

He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and pulled the covers over us. These were much thicker than the woollen blankets that were on there earlier.

Although I was excited for me and Charlie, I couldn't help but feel guilty. Few minutes ago I was upstairs, nearly kissing Gabriel, and here I am in bed with Charlie.

After beating myself up internally for acting like a hoe, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

When I woke up, Charlie wasn't there. I figured he was upstairs since I heard the hum of the shower. I unwrapped myself from the bundle of blankets and went upstairs.

I turned the knob on the bathroom door and walked in.

"Hey, what are we hav-" I began to say until Gabriel walked out of the shower naked.

He quickly grabbed a towel, wrapped it around himself, and said, "Damn it Allison, if you wanted to see me naked, you should've asked. I appreciate the pervy gesture though."

As he passed me he gave me a wink and began to walk towards his bedroom. Then he stopped and turned to me again.

"By the way, my brother went to work, and I made breakfast."

"What?"

"I made eggs, toas-"

"No not that, he went to work?"

"Yeah, they called him in early, one of the employees called in sick, and he was the only one available."

Damn it. My face must've looked pissed because Gabriel quickly spoke up.