Chapter 13: A promise I tend to keep

Samantha's POV

I woke up with the sun coming through the window, directly on my face.

I lifted my head to see my Dad's arms protectively around my torso, pulling me as close as possible without hurting me.

I was confused until the memories of yesterday began rushing back.

I smiled slightly at his sleeping face, kissed him on his forehead, and started up the stairs.

I went into my room and did my morning routine, slipping on a pair of black skinny jeans, a red shirt, and a red and black SnapBack that read 'Sammi' on the top.

I smelled bacon and eggs so I walked out my room and into the kitchen.

Louis was in there cooking breakfast. " Smells good Lou." I said as I walked in. I sat on the counter and smiled at him.

Louis sent me a smile. " Your mum did tell me this was the best way to get you up." he said flipping the bacon.

" Hey Sammi. Why don't we go hang out today, you know, go to peach wave, go to the boardwalk, and maybe go to the carnival? Just you and me? Think of it as bonding time." Louis asked, hope glistening in his blue green eyes.

"Sure I don't see why not." I said shrugging my shoulders. you just can't crush hope like that.

"Awesome! We'll go after breakfast since you're already ready and it takes me like 3 minutes to do the same." Louis beamed as he started serving breakfast. I have a feeling today's gonna be really fun.

Louis' POV

Yes part one of my plan complete. I can't wait for her to think of me as her father figure and not Liam. I love Liam but he doesn't deserve her love or admiration. He wasn't there for her and even though I wasn't either but of Eli would've told me I would've help her.

But that doesn't matter anymore. this plan is gonna work and I'm gonna be the best dad I can be to her. That's a promise I intend to keep.