Chapter 1

The morning sun blazes through the big window in the room and stings my eyes. I close them tightly and swing myself to the side of the bed to think for a minute. Getting up in the morning was always difficult for me, but today is different. Today is the day my best friend and I are going on vacation. Finally, a break from the normal routines. I lift myself up and start with a long stretch before stumbling to the bathroom. My heart is starting to pump with excitement and I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I can barely brush my teeth without smiling, just thinking about it. The Bahamas. I have never been, plus, This is my first big vacation since I moved in with my best friend Kai and her uncle, well Uncle J as we call him, for freshman year of college.
   I rushed to get into the shower so afterwards I could make sure everything was packed and I didnt forget anything.
"Adrian!" Kai yells from downstairs.
"What is it?"
"We're leaving in 15 minutes!" She yells back.
I started to wash off faster and rinse myself off before hopping out. I'm in a panic and I frantically look around to make sure nothing I need is still here, while drying my body.
"Adrian!"
"I'm coming!" I yell back.
   I put on the most festive top I have and finish with fixing my messy hair. My bags lie on the bed, fully packed and ready to go. A smile spreads across my face as I pick them up to carry them out. As I come to the top of the stairs, Uncle J calls out to me "Adrian let me get your bags for you."
"No thanks, I think I can do it," I say as I drag them halfway down.
"Adrian."
I look at him as he stands on the first step waiting for me to agree.
"Okay okay." I finally say. I sprint down the stairs and make my way to the truck. Kai sits in the front seat with the Radio turned up.
"It took you long enough."
"Hush, I'm here now." I laugh. "I love my sleep."
"Well I hope you got a good one, because when we get there, we won't."
She continues to put her black hair into a ponytail while I play on my phone in the backseat.
"Are you guys ready?" Uncle J asks while closing his door.
"You know it." Kai says smiling at him.