Chapter 6

"We should watch some good movies tonight and order food." Kai says.
"That sounds really good," I say as I fall in the bed.
Kai starts looking up movies on the tv.
"Hey A, you never called your mom." She says.
"You're right." I start dialing her number quickly. I hope she's not mad at me. Meanwhile Kai's looking in the movie collection on the tv and through a room service menu.
"Hello?"she asks.
"Hey mom. We made it to-"
"I figured you did. What took so long stranger?" She interrupts.
"Hey mom!" Kai calls from behind me.
I laugh, she's so silly.
"We went swimming and yeah, I'm really sorry mom."
"Mmhm it's okay, at least you did call. So how is it?"
"It's beautiful mom I wish you could be here."
"Me too!" She says excitedly. "On the bright side, I'm not so lonely anymore."
"What do you mean?" I ask.
Before it was just me and her, so I don't know what she's talking about.
"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I've- met someone Adrian! He's really sweet to me and I wish you could meet him." She says.

I can feel and hear in her voice how happy she is. She never told me about anyone lately.
"Mom you didn't tell me about this. Who is this guy?" I ask.
"Sweety I don't want you to be upset or worried about about it. His name is Gerald."
"I'm not worried." I lie. Being so far away from her and knowing she's with a random person without my watch scares me. She's been without my watch for a while, but not with anyone else.
"Trust me, he is a really nice guy. You should talk to him." She insists.
"He's there now?"
"Yeah, you want to talk to him? Maybe you're gonna interrogate him and he won't want to comeback to me. Don't scare him." She laughs.
"Aw man mom I- I can't, Kai is waiting on me,"

Kai shoots a look over my way and scrunches her face a little bit. "but maybe later okay?" I say.
"Oh, well okay then, I love you! And don't forget to have a great trip okay?"
"Love you too and I will. " I say before she hangs up.
My mom has never hung up first.
"You okay girl and what was I supposed to be waiting on?" Kai asks.
"Of course I am." I lie. Of course I'm not completely okay. I'm worried about her! She's an adult, but I still worry.

"She wanted me to talk to someone and I had to get out of it. It's alright. Now hand me a menu and let's watch some movies."
"That's more like it." She smiles.