Chapter 9

The area is beautiful as always and Im getting an even better chance to experience it, since we got the bikes. We make a stop at the beach for a break on our legs. Now, all I want is something to cool me off.

"I'm so thirsty right now." I say as I hop off of the bike and fix my clothes.

"Drink some ocean water." Kai says while checking her phone.

I push her while she's on the bike and she almost falls in the sand. All I can do is laugh.

"If i would've fell I would've had to hurt you." She says fixing herself back on the bike.
"In thirsty too though. I think I could do some alcohol." She says.

"Don't play like that. You know that it's been awhile." I say, trying not to ruin our day.

"Not really. I mean, it has, but it hasn't. I know how to handle it. Don't treat me like a baby A."

"I'm not, I'm really not. You know that I'm gonna look out for you and I just want you to-  to be happy." I say. When I mean to be happy, I mean without something that makes her think she is. She knew how to handle it of course, but drinks were always used to solve a problem. It was starting to become a problem, but it's over now. I hope.

"I'll be okay I guess. Maybe some pineapple drinks would do?" She says interrupting my thoughts.

"That would be really cool." I say while playing with a handful of sand.

We get on the bikes and head to a nearby place to get some drinks and some good food as well.
Now that I think about it, I hope tonight doesn't involve anything that will make it go down in flames.

As the day goes on, the sky gets dimmer and and our last stop is the mall, Which we happen to take forever in.

There are so many stores in the mall and of course, it takes us forever to reach them all.
Kai likes to try a bunch of things on, while I don't try on as many.
After the fifth store, I'm pretty sure it's about to be nightfall, and Kai and I are just finishing our trip in the mall. I found a couple of outfits, My favorite is a sundress I found, that fits me well, considering my small frame. Kai keeps suggesting that I wear it tonight, and it's eating me alive. She won't even say where we're going and if she doesn't tell me soon I might have to choke it out of her.

"The truck should be outside, he has our bikes strapped to it, we can drop them off."
Kai says as she's happily holding her shopping bags.

"When did you call?" I ask. It would be creepy if she didnt.

"In the dressing room, he came mighty quick though."

"Right! I honestly would replay today all over again." I say with a smile. There's nothing like spending time with your best friend.

"Just wait on it." She says before walking outside the mall doors. The truck is waiting right there for us. I don't even see the point of asking her again. All I do know is, this better be good.