Chapter 7

My eyes are opening slowly and I'm
Seeing that I'm on the foot of the bed, wrapped in the comforter. The food trays from last night are on the table. Kai's still asleep at the top of the bed.
We had so much fun last night, it reminded me of how fun just being with my bestie could be. I get up and stretch my arms before heading to the bathroom to freshen up. Like always, my wild, curly hair is in a huge mess. I put it up as usual and brush my teeth. Afterwards I meet Uncle J whose in the living room, ordering breakfast.

"Good morning." I say as I sit on the couch across from him.

"Yes. Yes, with an omelet. Ten pancakes, with the hash browns, eggs, and sausage. Okay, Thankyou." He says before happily putting the phone down.

"That's a big breakfast man." I say shaking my head as my stomach is growling and rumbling.

"Yeah, I forgot to let you two order your breakfast."

I give him a surprised look and sit up in the seat. He has to be kidding.
"I know good and Well all of that food is not for you Uncle J. I know it." I say folding my arms slightly against my stomach.

He just laughs and lifts himself out of the seat, which gives me a relief. Sometimes I think he will eat himself into a coma. The man can eat, but I just know he wouldn't dare eat that much by himself.

"I'll be right back, I don't know if I'll be back in time for the breakfast, but you girls be sure to save me some." He says as he makes his way to the door. He has a special stride when he walks and closes the door softly.
The door clicks and locks behind him.
All I can do is shake my head, as I walk back to the bedroom. This time now, the bathroom door is closed and water is running. Kai's awake obviously.

"Adrian?" She calls out from behind the door.

"Yeah, it's me. Uncle J just left though. He ordered us breakfast." I say while grabbing a travelers guide book. As my fingers flip through its pages quickly, the bathroom door opens to reveal Kai brushing her hair.

"Where did he go?" She asks, looking intrigued.

Now that I think about it, I'm now realizing he didn't say. He normally tells us where he goes.

"He didn't say." I look up to meet her gaze. "He just said he didn't know if he would be back in time for breakfast."

"You think he just ordered that for us Because he knew he would be gone for a while? She asks before looking in her bag.

"No, I guess not. I mean he asked for us to save him some, if he ordered it for us and only us, he wouldn't be coming back expecting to have some." I say as I continue to flip through the little book.

"Right right." She agrees.

"That's weird he didn't say where he was going though. What do you think he's doing?"

"Whatever old guys do." She jokes. "We're going to do something in a minute too." She says while pulling out her outfit.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask as I close the book.

"Well since you fell asleep first last night, I checked the book myself, and I think we should have a re do of yesterday now that it's not raining." She says with a smile as She is placing her clothes on the bed.

"Anything but swimming please. I think I wanna' go shopping." I say. My bag is really heavy as I lift it to the bed to choose my outfit for today.

"We are gonna do that and some other stuff."

I don't know what we are going to do, but whatever we do, we always have a good time. A pair of shorts and a blue top come into my view from inside the bag. As I pull it out and place it on the bed, The doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." I say as I jog to the door, careful to not keep whoever it was waiting. As I open it,  Uncle J comes in rolling our breakfast on a rolling table in front of him.

"Wow, you're working here now?"  Kai asks as she walked into the room.

"No, I just caught the room service guy coming and I took it off of his hands. This things is heavy." He says who's inhaling a deep breath.

"You ordered all of that food." I say before helping him push it to the living room. Sometimes, we could see how Uncle J is aging. He tried to be active, and it helps, but it catches up with him sometimes.

"Being fifty-one doesn't stop me." He says before sitting on the love seat and kicking off his shoes.