Chapter 8

After quickly eating our breakfast, we return to the bedroom.

"That was too good." I say as I put on my shorts. "I can't wait to get to wherever we're going."

"Me too, I've been ready to get out since we first pulled up." She says while zipping up her sandals.

After I was dressed and ready we head out of the room and to the door.

"We'll be back after a while." Kai informs Uncle J.

"Okay, be safe and don't go too far out. Call me every thirty minutes." He says looking at us. It's almost like he's dreading for us to walk out. Kai doesn't see it, but I do.

"Okay mom!" Kai says with a small smile before turning back around to the door.

"I'm serious. Be careful." He says. This time I know he's not joking, he probably has a lot On his mind.

"Alright." I say sincerely, before stepping outside into the hallway and closing the door behind me. The soft click tells me it's locked.

"Alrighty then! Let's go." Kai says with a huge smile.

We make our way to the outside world and see everything around us. The weather feels amazing and simply being outside feels great. I can't believe how happy I am to see the Sun.

We continue to to walk away from the hotel into a sandy spot near it. Kai halts in her tracks and turns around.

"I really didn't think this through I thought we could, but. We can't walk all the way to where we're going! I'll call Uncle J and see if we can get that guy in." She says as she pulls her phone out her back pocket.

"Kai we are able to do this on our own, we don't need to be carried around like that. I mean, other times yeah, but not right now. I feel like this would be a better experience." I say, trying to have my best convincing tone.

She gives me a long look before finally putting her phone away. "So what's your idea?" She asks.

"I thought we could get one of those-" I say with a before stopping. What if we have to carry something? I ask myself. Maybe my idea wasn't the best after all.
"I've always wanted to get one of those double bikes, but then that's a bad idea if we have to carry something."

"Well, Let's see. If we go shopping last, we can drop them off when we get done shopping and save the truck for tonight." She says before starting to walk.

Tonight? "What's going on tonight?"'I ask curiously.

"We'll see." She says with a small grin.