Chapter 10

As we finally make it home after another painfully awkward ride home, we enter the door to a sitting Uncle J.

"Hey Uncle J." I say to him before walking to the room.

He's silent, before I heard Kai ask him what's wrong.

"You didn't call like you were supposed to. I don't know if you can go to-to wherever you're going tonight." He says, cutting the tv off.

"No no, we called a few times. I didn't know you were serious."

"Not that many times but enough. How can I trust you if you're gone for hours and hours and you only call twice? We are not at home." He says. All of the seriousness is in his voice.

I hear this and peek around corner to continue to listen.

"You can. Uncle J we are getting older." She says. I know what's really on her mind, she's just sugar coating it.

"If you go tonight, you have a curfew." He responds. "It's either that or not at all."

I don't even bother myself to ask why he's so over- protective. He knows how it feels to lose someone, and he just doesn't want that to happen again.

"That's fine." She says before continuing to come in the room. Before I know it she passes by me and I back out of the doorway.

"Are you good?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I guess. He's still letting us go. By the way we're going to a Cantina, Club like place. I thought you would like it." She reveals while pulling out her clothes.

I'm not a usual party girl, but while I'm here, I'm willing to try it. I just hope I don't have to babysit. Kai has a look of, annoyance on her face and i know how she's feeling.

I pull out my dress and begin to get ready.
"You know how he is after all that's happened. Of course I'm on your side, we just have to remember that he is very protective for a good reason." I say in a low tone. I still don't hear the tv in the other room.

"I know, I know. It's just a bit stressful, don't you think? I feel like I'm twelve or something."

I know how she feels, and it is stressful sometimes, but I just deal with it the best I can.

"On the bright side, we are gonna have fun tonight, okay?" I say while fixing my hair.

"Okay, this was my plan, I should be telling you that." She laughs.

For the next hour, we get ready for our night out on the town. I put on my dress and some sandals, and Kai out of a shirt and some cute shorts. We were finally ready.

I thought Uncle J would be the same as he was an hour ago as I passed through the living room, but he wasn't.

"I'll see you later on tonight girls. I'll talk to you when you get back. Just be safe and have fun, but please be safe. You know not to sit drinks down- well you already know. The truck is outside." He says while now standing by the door.

I give him a tight hug and place my hand on the door. Kai looks up at him and he hugs her before she gets to do so first.

"We'll be back." I say as I walk out of the door.