Chapter 11

"This place is lit." Kai tells me as we walk into the Cantina. So this was her big idea. I'm not mad though, it looks fun. This place seems more like a club though. There's a lot of people, but not too many people.

"I know. It's like, its really pretty in here." I say, checking out the place.

"You're looking at the scenery, I'm lookin' at the people." She says as she waves to someone across the room.

The music is pumping and I can already feel Kai drifting off. People are dancing and it feels like I'm in a movie.

"What should we do first?" I ask while scanning the crowd.

"Do you mind if I go say hi to someone really quick? I'll be right back. You can handle this right?" She asks. She knows I don't go to parties often and the one time I come to one that I don't know about or anyone there, she decides to leave.

"Don't come home too late." I laugh, trying to gain some confidence within myself.

"Don't try to play me, you know I don't roll like that." She laughs.

"I'm going to the bar to get a lemonade or something." I say, searching for it. The bar looks calm, and there aren't too many people there.

"Loosen up! The drinking age here is like eighteen." She says as she high fives me.

"Eh, I don't know. I've tasted it, it wasn't the best. Hey, Meet me in the bathroom in fifteen minutes and be careful!" I tell her as she wanders off.

I sit in a tall swivel chair and place my hands on the Bar top. The bartender comes to me and gives a bright smile. He's a tall guy with long arms. He's wiping off the space beside me when without warning, the lights go off and the dance floor lights up.

"Pretty cool huh?" He asks.

"Yeah, my best friend is somewhere out there." I give a small laugh, trying not to think about it.

"What would you like to drink tonight?" He asks as he places his hands on his hips.

"Uhh I'll take a strawberry lemonade? If you guys have that." I say while playing with a coaster.

"Okay. You don't drink?" His hands are going so fast, it's crazy. This guy is a pro at multitasking.

"No, Not really. I'm more of a chill girl, drinking isn't really my thing. I'll probably get in trouble tomorrow morning."

He finishes up the drink and slides it to me.
"Here you go. I added a strawberry to it, for a sweet girl." He says with a small smile.

"Thank you." I say as I not to smile too hard. I take the first sip and the sweetness rolls across my tongue, and the sour of the lemonade tries to fight against it.

"She's sweet now, You should see her when she's angry." I hear a voice say.

I turn to the side to see this mysterious voice. At first, I couldn't, but now I do.
It's the pool boy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, turning back to my drink with a sigh.

"I'm just looking for a drink. What are you doing here?" He asks. I doubt he really cares and I don't know why he's asking me.

"I came to have fun with my best friend, and why do you want to know?" I say as I take even longer sips of my drink.

"Yikes. Would you like to make a tab?" The bartender asks as he continues to make another drink.

"You can put it on my tab sir." The guy interrupts him.

I turn around and look at him. "I think I can pay for it myself." I insist.