Chapter 3

"Rain in the Bahamas huh?" Uncle J asks the front desk manager.
"It won't last long." The man says as he hands him a room key. The words "Royal member" are elegantly designed on it. Uncle J gladly slides it in his pocket and heads to the elevator. The employees, and of course Kai and I follow closely behind.
My breath slowly goes away on the way to the floor. It feels like time stopped and it's taking forever.
"I'm tired, but there's still so much I want- well wanted to do."
"Right! I wanted to go to the beach." Kai adds.
I look back to see the workers calmly holding our bags.
The elevator opens and leads us to a long quiet hall. Only it has four doors for four rooms.
"You girls can go play, but I'm tired." Uncle J says with a a yawn while walking. "There's an indoor pool downstairs if you want to go swimming or something."
At least we have something to do, I love to swim.
"Well A, get your swimsuit ready." Kai says with a smirk.
I smile at her, but I'm lowkey tired too. I would honestly be okay with just some food and some movies or something.
As we walk through the hall, he stops in front of a wooden room door and pulls out the key. With a quick slide of the key, he opens the door and exposes the room. It's huge and has three parts to it.
"This room is amazing.." I gasp as I drop my bags. Uncle J laughs a little and carries his to the love seat.
"Well you know I only want the best." He sits in a lounge chair and stretches his legs.
"By the way, your mom wants to hear from you." He says with a small grunt, His body stiff from age.
"Okay, I'll be right back then." I walk to the room where Kai now is and throw myself on the bed. It's so soft, I could lay here all day. Kai stands and jumps in the bed and begins to sing.
I can't help but laugh and throw a pillow at her. She throws the pillow back. "Get up A so we can go swimming."
I rise out of the bed and get my bag.
"I packed like 3 bikinis."
"Let me wear your yellow one."
I get it out and place it on the bed. She grabs it and goes into the bathroom to put it on. I completely forget about calling my mom and look at my feed while I wait on Kai. Scrolling, scrolling, liking, scrolling.
"Girl will you hurry up?" I ask as I knock on the door.
"I coming I'm coming, give me like- a couple seconds."
I can't wait any longer, so I go to the closet and get dressed there. Afterwards I go to he mirror in an attempt to put up the my curly hair. Kai walks out of the bathroom and starts putting her hair up.
"Who are you getting cute for?" she asks while putting on shorts and flip flops.
"Girl, I'm not about to play. Me, I'm getting cute for me." I laughed.
"Are you ready?"
"Yeah let's go."