Chapter 12- I'm sorry

**At the Mikaelson's Mansion**

Klaus stirred up in his sleep, the sun woke him up. He had an awful headache. He tried to remember what had happened last night when all his thoughts came after each other

'Her name is Caroline. She is just a little insecure girl. If I could describe her I would say a scarlet woman'

He had insulted Caroline last night along with his brother Kol. Klaus was angry, he was mad at himself. 'How could he behave like that to a woman like her?' he thought. He needed to see, told her that he was not to blame. He had no conscience of what he was doing or saying.

It was not supposed to be like that, it was all his father's fault.

**Flashbacks**

"Nik, father is asking for you" Rebekah said to Klaus. 

"What does he wan-"she inturrpted him

 "I have no idea". She just went away, Klaus went to his father's office and knocked at the door

 "Father you ask for me" inquired Klaus.

 "Come in, son"

"What is it father? Did I do something wrong?" Klaus asked Mikael who was reading a newspaper.

 He looked at him angrily and spat

 "Did you do something wrong? You have the gut to ask me that"

Mikael showed Klaus a picture of him and Caroline laughing. He smiled at that picture. 

"Who the hell is she?" his father asked bitterly.

 "A friend of mine" he answered quietly.

 "Oh how sweet of you Niklaus! A friend. It's not your mother or your brothers you are fooling" 

Mikael said throwing the newspaper at his face but Klaus dodged it.

"Like I said father, she is a friend" he said but Mikael did not believe his son

 "If she was as you say a simple friend then why it is written here that you accompanied her home previous night ago and even had a huge fight with her boyfriend causing to have internal bleeding"

"It's her ex-boyfriend, and that boy father abused her and even hurt her. I could not stay there without doing nothing" Klaus tried to convince his father.

 "Ex-boyfriend or not, boy. Since when you play the big hero game. Are you trying to court her, boy" Mikael raised an eyebrows at Klaus and continued on

 "Should I make you remember that you are already courting someone. That even you both have a distant relationship, you are still together"

"I did not forget" Klaus looking at his feet 

"I promised you father that at any cost Caroline would affect my relationship. I don't have any romantic feelings for that girl. She is simply a toy for me which am using to kill time. Nothing more, nothing less" Klaus said. 

What he said pained him, he knew that he did not mean it. Caroline meant very much for him. He could never drive her away from him..... Never.

"Are you sure what you have said, boy?" Mikael asked him.

 He nodded, and his father smirked at him "Well then, it would not be a problem if you insult her, make her despise you which would eventually make sweet Caroline go away from you. Our family reputation and your relationship will not go up with loss"