Chapter 28- There's no perfect lover

Finally another update for you guys. Two more chapters to go ^_&

It was as if God had adjusted the colors of the world in the night, like it was as easy as twisting one of those old plastic dials on a TV set. Everything was brighter than it should be; the trees were not just green but radiant virescent hues that burned themselves in Caroline's sleepy retinas.

The houses were as gay as if they'd been repainted by moonlight and now stood vibrant in the golden rays that fell unfettered though the clear sky. The road that should be grey was a sleek river of black with perfect paint lines and the street-lamps were blue.

But they had never been blue, not ever. Everything was so right it was wrong, wrong. The front yards that had been disheveled with the decrepitude of late winter just yesterday were a riot of colorful blooms.

Caroline turned back to look at her apartment, the curtain twitched! Someone was in there! She hurried to the front door only to find it locked. She slapped the wood. A face appeared at the window.... her face.... but brighter...

"So, strange!" Caroline exclaimed, looking at herself in the mirror.

"I never had this kind of dream before"

^.^ ^.^ ^.^

Klaus was going to his company. He wanted to talk with his father, but when he had returned he was nowhere to be found. Esther, his mother told him that his father was overseas for work.

"Enter to know your future" an old woman was saying to every passer-by.

"What rubbish!" Klaus shook his head.

The old woman came near him, and hold his hand and exclaimed

"You'll lose her. You'll never change. Your father was right about you, you're a bastard. You bring only pain to people close to you"

"You'll lose her. She will never forgive you" the woman repeated.

Klaus pushed her away, and took his handkerchief to clean his hand

"Filthy hands" he said in disgust.

"I don't have time to lose with this idiocy"

"You'll lose her, huh?" Klaus mocked.

*.* *.* *.*

"Hey Mum!" Caroline said with her cheerful voice as usual over the phone.

"Oh honey! I miss you so much. How are you" Liz, her mother spoke.

"Everything is fine. New York was just as you said a lively town"

"Don't forget about Mystic Falls, while staying there"

 "Of course, mum! How would I forget the town I was born" Caroline muttered?

"You're right!"

"So, who's the Klaus guy?" her mother asked out of curiosity.

"Klaus?" Caroline questioned.

She wondered how her mother knew about Klaus.

"Well your fiancée" her mother said.

"Oh, come on Sheriff Forbes, we just started dating just about a month ago," she mumbled.

"Anyways how did you learn about Klaus?" Caroline asked.

"Umm...." Her mother mumbled.

"Damon came over a few weeks ago, and we were talking about you" Liz said.

"Since when you and Damon are cozy-cozy" Caroline chuckled.

"Honey, I was the first person to hold Damon when he was born" Liz said proud of herself.