Chapter 23- The Plan

It's been weeks I last updated. I'm really sorry for that. Exams are not yet over but I needed to take a break from all of this. As promised a chapter. Enjoy! Vote&Comment

{*}{*}{*}

Caroline just hung up. She had received a call from Marcel. He was inviting her to the party and she said yes. She had nothing to lose. 'Did she?' she thought.

"What are you going to do about it?" Katherine asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, pretending not to know "about what?"

Honestly, she did not even give a thought about it. She wanted to forget everything. It was too painful. She had never felt so hurt by anyone, not even for Tyler.

"Don't be ignorant Care! You know about what I'm talking. About Klaus and his lover" Katherine said choosing carefully her words.

"And about that Marcel guy" she added wanting to know her thoughts about it.

"You know how he feels about you, and yet you are...." Katherine chose her words.

"Yet you are playing the role of a bitch. Don't tell because Klaus hurt you, you intend to hurt him" she raised her voice.

Caroline just remained silent. She had no idea what to say. Katherine was right. She was playing with Marcel's emotions. But what she could do? She was clueless. It's so easy to play with someone heart. That was not the first time someone hurt her feelings pretending to care for her where in the end they just didn't give a damn about her.

"Isn't it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say" Caroline whispered.

"I'm used to it" she finished. She continued looking at the floor

"Sometimes it's just better to be alone. Nobody can hurt you" she said.

Katherine pursed her lips and raised her hand back. She threw her hand forward as hard as she could, whipping it across her face.

"Don't you dare say that!" she shouted, tears coming from her eyes.

"Then what should I do?" Caroline started shedding tears too.

"I don't know Caroline but isn't that a problem that only you should solve" Katherine said.

"You are the only one who could find the answer which you're looking for" she muttered.

Katherine was right once again. Caroline noticed that she changed a lot. Katherine raised her chin and smiled

"But you know I don't think that Klaus was playing with your feelings. I know Klaus since a long time but when he is with you, he is something else, someone else. Someone more human"

Caroline needed to sort things out between her and him. She had to tell the truth to Marcel. That she didn't feel the same way as he did. That they could stay friends and nothing more.

"I know what you need for the party. Your dress doesn't stand that much" Katherine tried to ease that tension of before.

"B-But..." Caroline argued.

"No buts!" Katherine put her finger on her mouth, silencing her.

"Leave that to me, okay?" Katherine said. Caroline nodded.

She was too exhausted to say anything else. Katherine always obtained whatever she wants. A friend trying to help another friend. 'What's wrong in that' she wondered.

{*}-{*}-{*]-{*]

"So you're saying that Blondie is feeling down because that Mikaelson" Damon was processing everything Kat said. Stefan was too.