Chapter 7- First Love

The Russian Tea Room
"You'll find your beloved Katherine here, brother," Klaus said.
He tilted his head to his right and mumbled annoyingly. "Remind me the unfortunate reason why do I need to accompany you to meet your beloved?"

Elijah shrugged his question off. He had no time to deal with Klaus. He had other priorities and that concerned Katherine Pierce.
Henrietta, one of Kat's waitresses saw the two Mikaelson's brothers. She squealed in excitement. She knew about from magazines but seeing them in front of her was a great deal. Nothing could compare to their level of handsomeness.
She immediately fixed her skirt and approached them.
"Would you like a table?" She. seductively smiled at them.

Elijah ignored her pathetic attempt to flirt. "Excuse me! But I am looking for someone exactly. Katherine Pierce."

"The boss right?" She rolled her eyes. Of course, she stood no chance with the Mikaelson's brothers. "Follow me."

Klaus was amused to say the least. Elijah had always been head over heels for only one woman and that would be Katherine. He was oblivious to other women's flirting. Well, at least Klaus was happy he did not share that same trait with Elijah. He and Kol were mostly of the same; they loved women.

Katherine was working when she heard a knock at the door. She groaned. "What is it?"

"Miss Pierce! There are two men who wished to speak with you." She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
"Let them come in."

As soon as the door opened, Katherine was shocked. Her eyes went wide. She could not believe her eyes. She did not think she would be meeting him that soon. And by him, that is, her first love, Elijah Mikaelson.
Klaus sighed in annoyance. This was in those Bollywood movies where tine just stopped. He was growing impatient. And he still didn't know why he was here.

"Katherine." Elijah looked at her with so many emotions in his eyes. "Elijah." Katherine acknowledged.
"How are you?" She asked.

Elijah smiled at her. "I'm good, thank you for asking."
"What brings you to New York?" She inquired.
"My family and I needed a change. France was being too cosy and boring." He exclaimed.
"Your family?" She raised her eyebrows.
"Yes. Kol, Rebekah and Finn." Klaus interrupted.

"My bad! I did not see you, Klaus. You must be losing your charms with that scowl on your face." She retorted.

"Did Katherine Pierce, the cold hearted bitch, admitted that I, NiKlaus Mikaelson is charming?" Elijah rolled his eyes at Klaus' statement.

"What brings you here?" She eyes the two brothers.
"I came for you." Elijah walked towards her.
"I know for us it was love at first sight and I chased after you time after time. And again and again you pushed me away. You are now with someone else. Now, I believe love is blind. Please, come back to me. I miss you. I miss us." Elijah said grabbing her arms.
He then softly spoke. "When I am looking into your eyes I don't see just you. I see my today, my tomorrow, and my future for the rest of my life... I love you."

Katherine was overflowed with so many familiar emotions. The first time you fall in love, it changed you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away. Your first love will always have a special place in your heart no matter what.
"I can't." She let go of his arms.
"It's wrong. I can't." She repeated again and again. She did not want to cry. She was with Stefan. She loved him. Maybe Katherine did not see her future with him, but, right now, they were together and that was what mattered.

(〒︿〒) (〒︿〒) (〒︿〒)

Klaus was feeling uncomfortable. He hated soap operas. Elijah was acting like some fucking poor Romeo.
And Katherine was being Katherine.

"We both know that Stefan won't give you everything you wish for." He insisted. Elijah was going to play dirty to get his woman back.

"I love him. I don't care if he is rich or not. Money don't buy anything. Well, at least, not for me."

Elijah was going to say something when the door abruptly opened.
"Kat! I'm so so sorry. I could not make it these two days. I'm so sorry." And there came Caroline.
Caroline did not know that Katherine was not alone. When she looked up, she quickly muttered. "Oh. I thought you were alone."

"Care! Is everything okay? I left you ten missed calls. You look so pale." Katherine said.
Klaus was staring at Caroline. She could feel his gaze on her, but she continued looking at the floor. "I should come back later. I don't want to disturb you."

"Fuck that." Katherine said.
"Caroline! How did you get those bruises. What the heck happened? And don't you dare change the subject." Katherine crossed her arms.

Caroline laughed nervously. "I slipped in the bathroom. I forgot how clumsy I can be sometimes."

Klaus clenched and unclenched his jaws. He did not believe her.

They were all looking at her suspiciously. She had clearly been crying. Her eyes were bloody red. Caroline was so anxious that she didn't notice Klaus. But, when she did, she faced away. She did not want him to see her like this. And she clearly did not want anyone's pity.

"Caroline what happened? Don't make a fool of yourself we all know that you did not slipped. Who did that to you?" Katherine said.

"I-I." she muttered but could not prevent the tears from coming out of her eyes. She wiped them all. "I n-need to g-go."She ran outside before someone could stop her.

Katherine was going after her when Klaus grabbed her arm. "What's your problem, dude?"
Klaus ignored her glare and uttered with seriousness. "I will get her. Don't worry."
Katherine was lost. How did Klaus and Care know each other? She did not know why but she felt that the person Caroline needed the most right now was Klaus.
And besides, she had to solve her own issue as well. And that was Elijah.

Once outside, Klaus called out. "Caroline, stop. We need to talk."