The Separation

A couple months later after my training was continued, Master came out with a smaller looking human. My dam said She is Master's daughter just like you are my son her name is Rea. Master clipped the lead rope to my halter and started leading me away. He took me to a small box inside the building of things and undid the lead rope. Next he closed the gate and walked away. I was quite curious when I looked around there was hay and some grain and a water bucket. I tasted all three of them. They were very good tasting.
Later that day when Master came by I whinnied he didn't even look at me. I whinnied again and again he never looked at me. I started screaming then Rea came in. She was humming something sweet then I saw she had a bucket and some hay. Rea came into my box and got to work grooming, feeding, and massaging me, all the while humming that same tune. Suddenly she stopped humming, looked me in the eye and said,"You poor thing. Taken away from your mother so soon. Don't worry though I will keep you company! Father says I'm too young to ride you but I will groom you, feed you, and tack you. Also I'll make sure you get to see your dam at least once a week." I did not understand a word of what she was saying except the word "dam" but the soothing tone in her voice gave me reassurance so I calmed down. A few minutes later she left and I was all alone, besides the five horses down the aisle, but they were a few boxes down. I did not like the separation.
Rea kept her promise of seeing my dam, and when I visited her for the first time in a week I had many questions for her. What is the box I now live in? Why am I apart from you know? What will happen next? At first she did not answer my questions but asked her own. Do you like Rea? How is the hay? The grain? The water? I answered all hers before she even showed interest in mine. She answered The box is called a stall. You are apart from me because it is part of your training. And I do not know what will happen next this is the last I really see of all my sons. Now my daughters I almost always see back right here with there own foals. This was strange to me. Why was I not to see my dam again? I mean she is my mother.