Ranch Work

The drive was long but scenic, there were lots of horses to whinny to. But I soon realized when we got there I was on my own. With no friends, horse or human, I was lonely. I was stuck in the back of the barn while everyone else was out in pasture. The rest of the day was very uneventful.
The next morning the man took me out and saddled me up. We rode around all day, going from moving cattle to roping a dummy and doing some reining. When the day was over he untacked me and cleaned me up. He then took out some kind of brush thing. He started pushing it into my back, it felt so good! He did this to my neck, shoulder, back, and hindquarters. Then he put me back in my stall and gave me my dinner.
The rest of the week he trotted me two miles everyday. He then would brush me the same as the first day. This was all nice and all, but there was no affection no love. Yes he cares and made me feel nice but it wasn't the same as when Rea would do it.
We had the same routine for years, ranch work they call it. 15 years to be exact. I came here when I was ten and now I'm 25. After all these years when one thing in the routine changes I notice and get nervous. Today was one of those days.