My Job Here is Done

Two years! Two more wonderful years! Oh how I wish it could be longer but my job here is done, I have taught her, helped her through the tough times, and made her think more about how life really works. She's smart and still has so much to learn, but not from me. And she knows it to. Cassidy loads me up in the trailer, sad but it has to happen. Cheryl, Tiffany, Cass, Maddi, and Court drove me to Redding and came to a house with a huge pasture and two other horses. Cass talked with the man for a while asking a lot of questions. They led me over to the pasture and took off my halter. I was very hesitant at first but she nodded at me and that's when I took off for the other horses. They greeted me then we all galloped around playing. After about ten minutes Cass called me but I didn't go over. I didn't want to make this harder so I stayed away. Then all of a sudden one of the mares ran straight through the barbed wire fence. The man said she wasn't human friendly but Cass walked right up to the wild mare. She touched her shoulder and cooed to her. She carefully led her back into the pasture and let her loose. They fixed the fence and walked back to the truck. They said their goodbyes Cass handed the man my blanket and halter, then hopped in the truck. Cass and Maddi were both crying quietly as they climbed into the back seat. Then they drove away, leaving me to live out my days happily. If they had known it would only be four more months would they of still taken me out here? Who knows? All I know is I fulfilled my destiny, everything I was meant to be and do.