Chapter 5

Darlene's P.O.V

As I lay down in my bed I feel a fuzzy new warm feeling, as if something was gone but has been put back in it rightful place. I have longed for this new feeling, it feel home. Not alone. Not depressed. To be able to smile, a real smile not a fake one. If only it would last forever. Because there is going to come that time where I will be depressed and alone. But lets not think about that. 

Today was the day for me to go back to school. To see people. I guess I will just try and keep my head up high and not let any one get in my way. I want to feel confident and I want to be confident. I got out of bed and took a short but hot shower. I blow dyed my hair and put it in a nice yet simple pony tale, I am never in to being the girl with the perfect style and clothes so I just put on a grey v-neck shirt and blue skinny jeans so they hug my waste and some black Toms . I never really put make-up on because I don't really see the need for it. But a lot of girls do like this girl Shelly, she is beautiful yet feels the need to wear pounds of make-up. But then again I never understood the importance of it. 

"Darlene! Let's go you are going to be late the first day back at school!" My mother yelled. I smilled I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but it feels nice to not have a plastered fake smile all the time. I grabbed my light blue backpack and ran down stairs and in to my mothers car. 

"Good morning." She starts 

"A good morning it is." I say a bit too cheerful.

"Well I hope you got your rest," She says not as in a good mood as I am. It way be because I want to see my only friend, Ashton. Or because it's just a mood swing which I highly do not think it is. 

"Yea.. Well can you please play the radio?" I ask kindly and be obeys and the radio begins to play Sail. 

Sail!

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel dies
I blame it on my own sick pride
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself)
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

La la la la la
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la,

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail with me
Sail!
Sail with me

As the song begins to stop me pull in to my school 'Chatswood High School' I would say it's a bit too preppy for my liking but it beats going to 'Hunters Hill High School' that school is very whats with word I would say getto. As I get out of my mothers car I spot Ashton and his friends. As I start to walk to them Charlotte goes over to Ashton and pulls in in to a sloppy kiss I can see him try to pull away but she pulls him to her face forcing the kiss. I feel bad for him, being brave I walk to him and tap him lightly on the shoulder and as I do he pulls away for there kiss and and hand him his phone.

"Thanks, haha." He says and Charlotte is looking really pissed. But she has no right to be.

"No problem. I will go now." I say and wave at them and turn around to walk to the bench in front of the school.

"Yeah bitch you should leave and not come near us again!" I hear Charlotte yell

 "Umm don't be so rude. She is my friend too and if she leaves no do I!" Calum stood up for my and walked over to where I was and wrapped his soft arms around me. It felt nice. But we only spoke once. 

"I second that." I think his name is Luke? Wait I don't even know him. Nor dose he know me.

"Same, Bye I hate being around a bitch like you. You just a stuck up bitch and you are too dumb to see that." I believe that was Micheal. It feels nice to have people care but will it last I don't even really know them. But that didn't matter at least right now. I just want to see what Ashton will do. 

"Fine! GO take that little ugly bitch and leave no one gives two fucks about all of you." Charlotte said and looked up at Ashton to back her up. I'm hoping he won't. But who knows there a lot of people around. 

"Leave." That's all he says and with that said we all turn around and walk away. I turn back to look at him but all he is doing is looking down at his shoes knowing what he did was wrong. 

I wonder his they are used to this Ashton leaving them for some. Some girl that is just going to hurt him and is using him for poppularity and what they have is not love nor happyness. I used to be bestfriends with Charlotte untill the fight we had in the 9th grade. That's when I started to feel said and alone. 

~Flash Back~ 

The first day of high school is always a day to remember and today is mine and me best friend Charlotte, I have every happy yet scared of the out come.

"Oh hey Darlene!" Charlotte yelled and I ran over to her to greet her hello. 

"Hi! Oh my I just can't believe this day is here." I say a bit too fast 

"I know!!" We both squeal from all the butterfly's we both have in our stomce's 

"Hey Char do you think Dylan and I will finally kiss?" I ask Dylan is my boy friend at the time we have been dating for about 3 months and we like each other a lot. Charlotte got all quite and well upset.

"You bitch!! I have liked him for the longest time and all you do is rub it in my face that you two are dating well you know what I don't give a shit! So leave my the hell alone and never EVER talk to me again. I hate you! You are a worthless piece of trash that no one wants. SO leave go just  never come back to me!" She yells out of know where I didn't expect that from her. I shed a tear and walk away. 

My thought where intupted but the loud bell and we all begin to walk to class and go our seperat ways.

"Wait!" Calum yells and I turn around to face him and we are being suffled by all of the people walking and runing to class.

"Let me walk you." He says and takes my hand and we walk to D10 my first class.

A/N Please vote and comment and follow haha well I updated this is the first in a long time i have had a lot of school stuff ewww haha well bye and VOTE love you all!!!xx and the song and a picture is in the side bar!