Chapter 9

Darlene's P.O.V

"Ashton!" A high pitched voice yells. We all turn around to see Charlotte, an her 'friends'. He sighs and puts on the biggest smile he can.

"I'm sorry I am busy. Please leave." He says and tries to turn around but she stops him.

"Um, that's no way to treat your girlfriend." She says and looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Ex-girlfriend. I broke up with you at lunch." He looks at her with a upset look. I would be pretty pissed to. I have no idea why I have agreed to come, but I'm wish I would have said no. 

"Oh, yes I forgot!" She puts on a fake smile.

"And what are you doing here?" She points at me and he so-called friends start to laugh.

"I invited her." Ashton sticks up for me.

"That's funny. You must be having some re-bound sex." Her, and her friends laugh.

"No! That's not it she is my friend if you like it or not. Your a slut so go find some other guy to bother." He says. 

"Very funny. You are probably gay that's why you wouldn't have sex with me." She has a smirk on her face. I want to slap it off of her but that will be wrong. I just want to go home now, but I am too scared to say any thing.

"No, I  didn't sleep with you because I want my first time to be with someone I love. And I don't love you." He finishes.

"Now goodbye. I have better thing to do than talk to you." He smiles at her and pulls my arm to walk away. I do as I am pushed to do. 

"I think I'm going to go home now." I state.

"No! No. Please don't we where going to have fun but she just ruins everything." He looks in to my eyes I look down. I can't take eye contact.

"Uh. Um. I have to go any ways. See you are school." I say and walked off. 

"You bitch!" I hear Charlotte yell at me. I just walked away and pretended like I never  heard it but I did, and it hurt. More than usual. I felt my eyes start to water, all I could do is keep walking it hurt to hear but I strong and i have to be strong for my self for everyone

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Darlene?" Wake up you have school. " My mum said standing at the edge of bed. 

"Do I have to?" I asked honestly after the whole Charlotte thing i just want to be home schooled darn i know that wont happen.

"Get up lazy bum." 

I decided getting up and going to school would just be easy to do so I got up and washed my face, the cold water burned on my skin. I brushed my teeth and hair. Today is just another day in hell, I'm used to it. 

I went in to my closet and picked out a crew neck that was black and in bold letters said "TEENAGE RUNWAY" some white jeans and red converse. Simple yet I think I look presentable for school. 

"Lets go!" My mum yelled i ran down the stairs and then grabbing my back back from the hanger in the closet. I got in my moms car and she dove me to school, literally "Highway too Hell" the drive was quiet we didn't really say a word because there was nothing to even talk about. When we got to the parking lot of my school my mum pulled out a box with a red bow on it, she handed to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why don't you open it to find out." She said with a peaceful smile on her face.