Chapter 11

Darlene's P.O.V

I was honestly scared for what ever he had planed. Was it a date of something? Today was the day it is Friday and my toughs over flowed everything I was doing. Well let's just say this is a date, wait what is a date? I have honestly never been on one, I've always been that loner who can't score a date. I've always wondered why Ashton wants me? Why? I'm not like all the other girls, they are pretty and skinny with blonde hair that flows. Their faces are perfect and they don't have scars everywhere. I will never be what Ashton wants me to be, I can't be there for him when I'm not even okay with myself. I want too, but I can't. I can't trust him, and I can't do a relationship maybe just a friendship. It was now 5pm he would be here in2 hours. My mum was okay with Ashton taking me out, she was glad.

"Darlene! What are you going to where?" My mum cheerfully said coming in to my room and going thru my closest.

"Mum, stop I'm just going like this." I pointed to my black skinny jeans and white stay weird, shirt, along with my black converse.

"Oh dear, okay what ever you say. I'm going out tonight with a few friends from work, I won't be home till around 1 or 2, please just be home before then. Are you okay with that? Or do you want me to stay home and wait for you?" My mum explained.

"I'll be fine, just go have fun and do your thing. haha."

"There it is! You actually laugh! I'm so proud. Anyways alright kiddo, I'm heading out. I love you." She kissed my forehead.

"Mum?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you too." I meant it too. I was finally feeling okay with my mum.

"Have fun tonight." With that being said she walked down stairs and I heard her car engine start and she was gone. Now its its 6:30 and I'm just listening to music waiting for Ashton. There was a knock on the door, it wasn't Ashton and my mum, I ran down the stairs and looked thru the peek hole, it was Calum? I opened the door and he was standing there like he was lost.

"Cal?" I asked, he smiled

"Can I help you? haha" I asked because he was just staring

"Uhm, yes actually I have 2 tickets to see All Time Low, do you want to come with? As friends of course!" Calum asked

"I'm sorry, I would but I'm hanging out with Ashton tonight. But do you want to come in and wait with me? I'm so sorry Cal I would love too but.."

"No, no, I get it I'm glad your going out with Ashton, and I would love to come in and wait with you, I'll just call Micheal to see if he wants to come." He didn't seem bothered by me saying no and I'm glad.

"Great!" I said clapping my hands together.

We both walked in side.

Calums P.O.V

Don't get me wrong I am glad she is going with Ashton. I would never treat her half as good as he can. I'm not the best person ever. But it hurts, it hurts a lot actually. Do you ever just get the feeling for a person and you never want to let them go. I don't want to let her go. Friends? Yes, I can live with that, but relastionship? My life goals are complete. She completes me so much. I will not get in the middle of her and Ash no matter how much it hurts me inside. 

As we walked into her house I noticed how wealthy her family is. Like woah. 

"So have you lived here a long time?" I asked

"Uhhh, I would say so my whole life, I hate this house so much so many hurtful memories in one house. I mean don't get me wrong its lovely and all but for me I just see all the memories that I want to forget. But I can't let them go. I'm sorry that was a deep answer for a small question." 

"Why? are you saying sorry. Darlene I don't mind. I want to get to know you as much as I possibly can." 

I don't understand my feelings right now. Calum get your shit together. 

Darlene's P.O.V

The time was going by faster than i thought it would be. I almost wanted it to slow down. I am scared. I am scared of letting these people in, my life is so messed up as it is. I dont know if i can handle this feeling. 

"Do you want anything to drink?" I kindly asked Calum.

"Uhm, a water would be nice." I got him a water and the next think you know it 7:00pm. Ashton was right on time. 

The door bell rang and Calum got up to get it. I am so scared. 

"Calum? What are you doing here?" I hear Ashton ask with concern.

"Just hanging out with a friend yanno?" He said it as more a question. I walked to the door. He looked at me with his perfect eyes. I feel so unstable right now. I feel my heart pounding. He smiles at me, I like his smile. I like it a lot. Maybe I like him a lot.

"Darlene! You look amazing." I think that was a lie because I am wearing everyday clothes. But I will just take the complement.

"I'm going now. I will see you both at school. Or possible tomorrow." With that being said Calum left and it was just the quietness of Ashton and I. I want to say something but I honestly have nothing to say. And the things I want to say may come out wrong or I mess everything up. 

I'm so used to messing things up. This is my oone chance and I have to take it now. It's now or never for me. 

"So, are you ready to go?" Ashton asks me. 

(a/n woah duuuuude. This is a short chapter and a update was long over due. i am sorry for not updating as much just school, friends, boyfriend ((: lol yes boyfriend. but ive been really busy. I will try to update more and more. if any of you even read the authors notes i just want to say thank you for all your support. 5.9k reads is huge for me. This is for my best friend btw. But like always vote and comment. I will be back soon.xx)