Pre-Debut

In early 2005, Lee Sooman made an announcement about the upcoming all-boy project group.

It is to be a boy band with 12 members. The group followed the member rotational concept, inspired by the Japanese girl group 'Morning Musume'. This concept was then newly introduced to k-pop industry.
According to this concept, the group would experience line-up changes. The members selected will be replaced by new members every year, keeping the group constantly young and all-rounded.

Taking into consideration the fact that the members already had experiences as actors, MCs, models, radio hosts prior debut, Lee Sooman called this new singing group to be 'the gateway to stardom of Asia'.

The group was rumored to be called 'O.V.E.R.', an acronym for 'Obey the Voice of Each Rhythm'.

The company merely referred to them as 'juniors' pre-debut, because of their young ages when they joined as SM trainees.
The members were able to impress the company after they showcased their various talents, at a picnic. The company hence, finalized the group's name as 'Super Junior'.

At the showcase, they performed various styles of hip-hop dancing.
The group danced to B2K's "Take It The The Floor". Hankyung, Eunhyuk and Donghae danced to Usher's "Caught Up". This performance was first aired on May 16, 2006, as a segment in the group's first television documentary: 'Super Junior Show'.

As the first generation of the rotational group, they were officially named as 'Super Junior'05'.

They made their pre-debut performance on September 11, 2005 on the Korean channel, Mnet.
                                                                      ~*~